PERQ's and UNIX

mike@rand-unix

Jun 15, 1981, 7:43:09 AM6/15/81
The question was:

On what micros will UNIX run? (Or macros, for that matter).

I don't have the complete answer to that because, alas, there are
many groups doing their work in !horrors! secret, keeping their
exciting new product a --> mystery <-- until they can get a jump
on the market.

But UNIX will run, at least on the following computers:

11's of all flavors
VAX's of all flavors
IBM Series 1
Perkin Elmer (Interdata)
Harris
Z8000 (Onyx)
Various militarized flavors of the above

And one hears that it will soon be commercially available on:

8086
68000
Perq (perhaps, up to Tom Duff)
IBM System 370's (probably under VM)

Can anyone add any other manufacturers? What about Prime, for example?

GEOFF@sri-csl

Jun 15, 1981, 8:49:59 PM6/15/81
It's also rumored that Foonly will have UNIX (last I heard the
COHERENT, Mark Willians Co Version) up on Foonly computers
sometime within a year or so.

Rivanciw@darcom-hq

Jun 15, 1981, 4:41:41 AM6/15/81

I am very interested in any micro that is running UNIX, or is
currently having UNIX proted to it. Please send me any info
on any micro that can support, or someone is working on
making it support, UNIX. It would be very much appreciated.

Randy Ivanciw