Welcome to Spring!

1 view

kamloop...@farmtoschoolbc.ca

Apr 4, 2022, 12:32:01 PM4/4/22
to F2S Kamloops Region Network
Spring has arrived, and the Secwepemc word for Spring is 'sqepts' (click for pronunciation). Hopefully many of you are excited to get outside in the garden! Lots of special events coming up:

On Tuesday, April 5th, (3:15-4 pm), our "Classroom Growing" workshop is happening. Learn about starting seedlings, building a classroom grow tower and hosting fundraisers. Register here. Then, on Tuesday, April 19th, we have a second webinar on "Building and Preparing the Garden".

F2SBC Pollinator Awards recognize K-12 schools across British Columbia that demonstrate outstanding leadership in farm to school initiatives. Submit your nomination for the Kamloops region here, Deadline April 17th.

On Monday, April 25th: We are hosting a special hands-on food literacy pro-d for KTTA District Day at Arthur Hatton School. The morning will focus on classroom food activities with special guests Chef Adam Florence, Simone Jennings (IHA) and Natalie Cryderman (Mt. Paul Food Centre). Come ready to eat! In the afternoon, we will move over to Butler Farm and get out hands dirty with Kevin and Mariana (Kamloops Food Policy Council), Jamie Garbutt (City of Kamloops) and Sara Bartlett (Farm Folk, City Folk) to learn about seeds, gardens and composting.  Details and registration will be available through KTTA website.

Other Opportunities:

Indigenous People's Day of Wellness Grants-This year's theme is Celebrating Generations: Honouring our ancestors, Elders, youth and our future generations through culture, language and traditions. These wellness events are intended to celebrate culture, resilience and community wellness. Schools are eligible to apply for up to $2,000. Deadline is April 18th at 4 pm.

Outdoorlearningstore.com is hosting a free webinar series. Lots of great topics and presenters. The first on Thursday, April 14th is with David Sobel on Mapmaking with children. Then, Megan Zeni is presenting on Thursday, April 21st on "Supporting k-7 Emergent Inquiry Outdoors."