F2SBC23 April Update: The conference program is unfolding and we’re seeking volunteers!

1 view

Sonya Rokosh

Apr 17, 2023, 1:30:39 PM4/17/23
to f2s-kamloops-...@googlegroups.com

We are thrilled to share the preliminary schedule for the "Planting the Seed" F2SBC23 Conference! Take a sneak peek at the draft two-day agenda, taking place from May 18th to 19th, and discover further information about the listed workshops, panels, and talks on our website. Continue reading to find out more about registration and how to get ready for this event.

 Registration
 Final ticket prices are now in effect. Remember, we offer discounts for students attending secondary or post-secondary institutions and for seniors aged 65 and above. Register now to secure your spot!

  • Field Trips (optional add-on): As part of our goal to highlight and celebrate the work of local food organizations we are hosting 3 field trips on Wednesday, May 17th. Learn more.
  • Social Event (optional add-on): Join us for the post-conference networking and social event on May 18th from 4 to 6 pm at the Gallery Patio and Lounge on the 4th floor of the Nest. Learn more.

Volunteers
 We are in search of volunteers who can assist us in making this conference a success. Exchange a total of eight hours of work spread over the two days for complimentary registration to the conference. Learn more.

 Venue and Accommodations
 This conference is taking place in The Nest at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. Further details about how to get there, accessibility, and discounts for nearby hotels are on our website. Learn more.

 Faces of the Conference
 Familiarize yourself with our Keynote Speakers, Megan Zeni, Room to Play Consulting, and Jared Qwustenuxun Williams, Indigenous Food Educator. In addition to our plenary session panelists from the BC Chapter of the Coalition for Healthy School Food featuring Carolyn Webb, Samantha Gambling and Brent Mansfield. Also, get to know the Program Advisory Body (PAB) members who are instrumental in shaping our program.

Direct questions and concerns to Emily Faris our Event Coordinator at events.co...@farmtoschoolbc.ca

Sonya Rokosh (she/her)
Community Animator, Kamloops Region, SD73 & SD83
E: kamloopsregion@farmtoschoolbc.ca
I write with gratitude from the traditional and unceded territories of the Secwepemc Peoples. Kukstemc!

I am employed part-time and I typically will be at my computer on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Thank you for your patience and respect.