Farm to School BC 2023 Conference Updates

1 view

Sonya Rokosh

Jan 30, 2023, 12:12:19 PM1/30/23
to f2s-kamloops-...@googlegroups.com

🌱 CALL FOR PROPOSALS

Open to submissions until Feb 15

Present at our conference! We welcome proposals from individuals or groups working in various settings that help foster a culture of food literacy in kindergarten to grade 12 school communities.

Proposals may focus on any promising practice, innovative initiative, experience-based observation, policy and/or research effort to advance the movement toward healthy, local, and sustainable foods for students.

Successful applicants will have access to our reduced presenter registration rate for the conference.

The student/teacher poster presentation that shows the most promise, effort, and innovation will be awarded $1000 to put towards growing and developing their school program.

Submit a Proposal

🌱 PRESENTATION FORMATS

Creativity encouraged

Below we have listed potential presentation formats; however, we are open to alternative methods of sharing and knowledge dissemination.

Download Call for Proposals Guideline

Workshop

Host a 60-90 min session

Workshops should build skills and provide opportunities for significant audience participation. F2SBC can provide a budget for materials if needed.

Poster

Present with your students

We encourage teachers and students to present on programs and initiatives within their school that work to bring more healthy, local, and sustainable food options to their school community.

Short Talk or Story

15 - 30 min summaries

These presentations are dynamic, force a tight focus, and can be very energizing to all. They are a great student engagement opportunity and may incite vibrant discussion.

Original Research

Oral presentations

All abstracts for research must contain original work that has not been previously presented. Successful presenters will have 15 minutes to share their work.

🌱 MORE INFORMATION

Check out our website: f2sbcconference.ca

Sonya Rokosh (she/her)
Community Animator, Kamloops Region, SD73 & SD83
E: kamloopsregion@farmtoschoolbc.ca
I write with gratitude from the traditional and unceded territories of the Secwepemc Peoples. Kukstemc!

I am employed part-time and I typically will be at my computer on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Thank you for your patience and respect.