Save the Date – School Garden Mentorship returns Jan 23rd!

Sonya Rokosh

Jan 11, 2024, 5:06:26 PMJan 11
to f2s-kamloops-...@googlegroups.com

School Garden Mentorship Program 2024 – Register Now

You're Invited! Join us from January to October 2024 for the third year of Farm to School BC's free School Garden Mentorship Program, designed for K-12 educators and community organizations in British Columbia (but open to all curious minds).

Embark on a transformative journey with our eight monthly after-school online workshops, thoughtfully curated to provide valuable insights and practical guidance. Our featured guest speakers will act as your mentors, sharing their authentic stories and expertise to help you navigate the growing season with your classroom. Additionally, you will gain access to an online library of teacher resources and a chance to connect with a supportive cohort of school garden educators from across the province.

The program officially kicks off on Tuesday, January 23rd from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm PST with our first session on “Establishing a School Garden Culture”. Led by our experienced F2SBC staff and featuring guest speaker Michelle Roberge (WL McLeod Elementary School, SD 91), this session will delve into the significance of cultivating a strong garden committee to nurture a positive atmosphere, which will lead to a more sustainable garden.

Explore upcoming workshops and noteworthy changes in this year's SGM program by visiting https://farmtoschoolbc.ca/garden-mentorship/

To stay informed with important monthly SGM updates, consider joining our listserv group at https://groups.google.com/g/school-garden-mentorship

Sonya Rokosh, (She/Her)

Kamloops Regional Animator, Farm to School BC

a program of the Public Health Association of BC

sonya....@farmtoschoolbc.ca

www.farmtoschoolbc.ca

 I acknowledge that I work, live, and play on the unceded territory of the Secwépemc peoples and offer gratitude for the knowledge and wisdom of this sacred place.