This is your chance to know about the environmental benefits of your school meal program!

Research Coordinator

Apr 20, 2022, 2:38:15 PM4/20/22
to f2s-kamloops-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

We are a group of researchers led by Dr. Tammara Soma (SFU) recruiting schools, or school partner organizations, to participate in a pretty cool project about the environmental impact of farm to school or local food to school meal programs (breakfast, lunch, snacks).

All we need from you is any records that you have on food purchased by your program (e.g. tracking sheets, invoices, receipts). Based on this information, the environmental calculations will be used to determine potential greenhouse gas emissions, water impacts, and other relevant indicators.
  • In return, we provide a report of your school or program's study results.
  • We preserve the confidentiality of all study participants.
  • We can provide administrative support if you need assistance with compiling the data requested.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you want to participate or have any comments or questions!

Thanks for your time!

Claudia Páez (she/her)

Research Coordinator, Farm to School BC

a program of the Public Health Association of BC

research.c...@farmtoschoolbc.ca

www.farmtoschoolbc.ca

I acknowledge that I am a mestiza settler living on the unceded and ancestral territories of xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) nations.
Environmental impact meal programs-poster.pdf