Hallo guys. Editing menu images..?

Marco Schiavon

Dec 8, 2020, 9:32:28 AM12/8/20
to Formula One Grand Prix / World Circuit
Hallo to everyone, glad to see there are still Gp1 players!
Some years ago I was in the Gp2 forum (Nimrod111) and did something, but...Never really enjoyed that NEW (lol) game. And Playstation's Gran Turismos, Project Cars etc etc are actually boring (too much shit and no REAL customization).  So,   GP1 was (is) always my true love :P .  Well, I discovered Arg editor few months ago and it's really cool ...and I found that interesting feature in editing menu images.
What's the point? In GP2ed you "simply" used bitmaps of correct size / palette and exported directly with carset (I did a lot of them ehe). Now I see it's required a .dat file. What's the correct way to proceed in this editor? Thank you.

F1GP Archive

Dec 9, 2020, 8:54:56 PM12/9/20
to Formula One Grand Prix / World Circuit
Hello,

In F1GP the helmets are stored in the HELEMTS.DAT file in the game folder.
You can use ArgEditor Menu Images tab to load image files as helmets and then export them to the helmets.dat file.

You can also download some existing helmets.dat files from here:

Most F1GP carsets don't include the helmet files, as people didn't edit the game menu, just the cars, helmets and pit crews in the game itself.
But here are some carsets that also include this separate file.

Cheers

Marco Schiavon

Dec 11, 2020, 4:47:13 PM12/11/20
to Formula One Grand Prix / World Circuit
Understood, thank you.I will surely try something.

Marco Schiavon

Dec 18, 2020, 6:21:00 PM12/18/20
to Formula One Grand Prix / World Circuit
screenshot.jpg

F1GP Archive

Dec 18, 2020, 8:23:26 PM12/18/20
to Formula One Grand Prix / World Circuit
Very nice.