Problem with gears-spacebar

Nicolás Cobello

Feb 8, 2024, 1:36:29 PMFeb 8
to Formula One Grand Prix / World Circuit
Hello everyone,

I've played F1GP and GP2 many times across the years with my desktop PC using DOSBox.

Now I'm using a laptop I never used for games, couple of days ago I downloaded eXoDOS, a program with like 600 gb of DOS games (highly recommended), I played F1GP there with no problems, its vanilla game with fake names and all, I'm not sure I can edit with Argeditor there so I copied my files from the desktop PC to play like I normally did with DOSBox.

When I tried, I found out I can shift up the gears but won't shift down, when it ocurred I remembered that many years ago I had a similar problem with a different laptop, that one didn't shift up or down at all. It's weird because it worked well with desktop PC.

Is this a common issue? is there a solution?

Saludos!

Nico

Endeavour

Feb 8, 2024, 1:46:38 PMFeb 8
to f1g...@googlegroups.com
Hey Nico,

Sorry for the delay in your post appearing. Due to spam problems, Hrvoje has implemented an approval process for messages to ensure we don't get any more of it and I just approved your post.

Thanks for the information on Exodos, I hadn't heard of it and it certainly looks interesting :)

As for your problem with F1GP, have you tried the ALT button for downshifts? If this works, then you just need to go to the settings menu and change the downshift key to the spacebar.

Hopefully the problem is as simple as that :)

Regards,

Barrie

Nicolás Cobello

Feb 9, 2024, 6:03:25 PMFeb 9
to Formula One Grand Prix / World Circuit
It was exactly that, crazy I never even knew you could edit the controls.

Thanks!

Endeavour

Feb 9, 2024, 10:03:28 PMFeb 9
to f1g...@googlegroups.com
I remembered that one of the old DOS games had ALT for downshift but I had to check to see if it was F1GP :)

I never liked the downshift on the same button as I wasn't always downshifting while I was braking.

Glad to help :)

Regards,

Barrie