Savegame edition

ZiFoX _

Mar 9, 2021, 10:33:01 AM3/9/21
to Formula One Grand Prix / World Circuit
Hi everyone,

is there a possibility to edit savegame, in particular options ? I had a look at several editing tools available on the website, but none allows savegame editing.

If no tool is available, is there a documentation somewhere in which I could find format inforamation on the savegame ?

(I'd like to increase the qualifying session length)

thanks.

F1GP Archive

Mar 10, 2021, 7:39:09 AM3/10/21
to Formula One Grand Prix / World Circuit
Hello,

There are several tools that interact with save game files.

In the Editors section there are:
f1grid - Allows the modification of grid positions within a saved game file.
setlevel - Allows the modification of the game difficulty level within a saved game file.
setnames - Allows the modification of driver and team names within a saved game file.

In the F1GP-WC Utilities section there is:
gplist - Tool that extracts data from the save game files.

I'm not aware of any tool that can modify the qualifying session length. I also don't think we have any documentation specifically related to this.
Possibly something could be reverse engineered using the available tools. I see that gplist comes with the source code, so that could help.

Cheers

ZiFoX _

Mar 10, 2021, 2:57:58 PM3/10/21
to Formula One Grand Prix / World Circuit
Thanks for your reply.
I already had a look at the editors, but none would do the trick.

I compiled gplist, but infortunately it's only able to extract lap times and setups from setups and lap times saves, not actual game saves.

René Smit

Jun 4, 2021, 3:08:03 PM6/4/21
to Formula One Grand Prix / World Circuit
The qualfying session length should be right at the start of the savegame. Unpacked it's around offset 0x30 (48), with the first 0x20 (32) occupied by the header.

This is where it's at in GP2 save games, and I expect the save games for F1GP to be similar. If not at 0x30 it's even further up ahead. It's stored as the number of minutes.

SDI