Argeditor

Michael Gott

Dec 12, 2021, 6:36:13 PM12/12/21
to Formula One Grand Prix / World Circuit
Couple of questions about the team horsepower values.
I believe that the highest is McLaren at 716 and that you can go up to about 1460?
The lowest hp I can see is at 610. Is there a lower curling you can go to lower than 610 and would it be worth it and applicable?

Also during a season I'm thinking of doing upgrade slots. Basically 3 a year determined by a dice throw. I've categorised the cars from top to bottom with it been easier for better cars to get upgrades. Upgrades been high, medium and low. These upgrades would add points onto the hp figure in arg editor. Question is day I changed McLaren from 716 to 726 would that take affect during a season and say in the middle. Or would it be better to do it before a season.

Thanks all for your help.

F1GP Archive

Dec 14, 2021, 7:19:38 PM12/14/21
to Formula One Grand Prix / World Circuit
The horsepower can go all the way down to 0.
You can check out the LapCalc program or the document attached in this discussion to see how the BHP values affect the lap times.
For extreme BHP values (e.g. >1000 or <500) you might also want to change the CC car setup. In particular the gear ratios, to get the optimum performance.

You can also adjust the skill level for each driver. The higher the skill value, the slower they will be. Increasing the grip value will improve all lap times.
BHP has the most impact on acceleration and straight line speed, while skill and grip have the most impact on cornering speed and braking.

If you're doing a full championship season, you should be able to save the game, change the BHP values, and then reload the championship.

Cheers

Michael Gott

Dec 16, 2021, 6:33:28 PM12/16/21
to f1g...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for this info. Much appreciated. Will certainly help me towards my career format.

Will get back in touch if I need any more help. Thank you once more.