2023 and 2022 Season Carset

F1GP Archive

Apr 3, 2023, 12:33:41 PM4/3/23
to Formula One Grand Prix / World Circuit
Hello everyone,

The F1GP carsets for the 2023 and 2022 F1 season have been released.
Big thanks to Carol for making and sharing the carsets.

The carsets can be found on the F1GP website:
2023_f1carol.zip
2022v3_f1carol.zip

Have fun following the new F1 season.

Cheers

db2000

May 8, 2023, 11:41:42 AM5/8/23
to Formula One Grand Prix / World Circuit
Thanks a lot, great job!
Do you know if there is some work in progress to add additional tracks or to import them from GP2 (including the best line for AI cars) ?

Endeavour

May 9, 2023, 4:49:55 AM5/9/23
to f1g...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have been stuck at the moment in building good quality new tracks due to our lack of ability to visualise the cc line in the track editor we have available. A lot of time is required to research and implement any solutions we find, which is a struggle for many of us with any experience in this subject.

To be knowledge, little effort has been made to convert any of the gp2 tracks to f1gp in its entirety. However, this is a viable pursuit as the format of the files is similar to some degree.

The new developments in AI technology mean that rapid prototyping and time saving methods to coding are more accessible. I've already begun to look at this approach for F1GP tools so we might be able to achieve some progress in this area.

Regards,

Barrie

db2000

May 13, 2023, 9:27:24 AM5/13/23
to Formula One Grand Prix / World Circuit
Hi Barrie,

thanks a lot for reply, I wish you great success.
By the way, did somebody try to contact directly the author of the original game?
Maybe he could help to understand the format of the cc lines in the track files.

Best regards,