Updated BOM for V4 Power Board

Wenchao Liu

Mar 25, 2022, 8:13:00 PM3/25/22
to F1_10
After putting together the board, but I'd like to share the BOM here:  Powerboard - Google Sheets. I updated components that were unavailable, and put the testing instructions in. It should allow commenting on the sheet.  I have yet tested the board, and it still needs a LED, so I will update this thread once I do. I hope to make a tutorial video too someday. Powerboard.jpeg

Wenchao Liu

Apr 19, 2022, 5:04:41 PM4/19/22
to F1_10
After I tested the board, I replaced the regulator with a 5V one. It worked well. Later, I replaced the switch to a rocker, which cost a lot less. I also put in a cheaper transformer too. Feedback welcome!

updated board.jpeg

Jaroslav Klapálek

Apr 20, 2022, 3:49:44 AM4/20/22
to F1_10
Hello,
  it looks pretty neat. I quite understand the switch switch (hehe), as they are really expensive. Rocker seems a little bit tougher, but it should not matter at all.

If you want some feedback, I would consider angled battery connector, as with it the cable should deteriorate less then this one (but it also depends on the position of the battery, etc.).

J.

mua

Oct 28, 2022, 2:52:24 PM10/28/22
to F1_10
Would it be okay if I just substitute the 8V regulator with a 5V alternative while keeping the rest of the items on the original v4 powerboard list? I noticed that the 5V alternatives you shared on your google sheet (digikey ids BA17808CP-E2CT-ND and 497-1443-5-ND) has 1A and 1.5A current outputs. Is there a specific reason for that? I am asking this, since Jetson Nano's power input is 5V-2.5A and I want to be able to use it.

klap...@fel.cvut.cz

Oct 28, 2022, 3:13:19 PM10/28/22
to f1...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
if you want to power the Jetson with that, it won't work. You need
to switch to something better.

Best,
J.

Cituji mua <mua...@gmail.com>:

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/f1_10/efb203b6-8e10-4601-ac00-96c781dad15dn%40googlegroups.com.

Wenchao Liu

Oct 28, 2022, 4:04:11 PM10/28/22
to F1_10
One major consideration for my component picks was cost; those were probably the cheapest. I don't see a problem with switching the linear regulator to another one with a higher current output. Check:  3A Voltage Regulators - Linear | Power Management (PMIC) | Electronic Components Distributor DigiKey.

mua

Oct 28, 2022, 4:48:51 PM10/28/22
to F1_10
Thank you all for your replies. I think I will go with one of the 3A current rating options.