Saving contents of console or workspace?

Larry Kellogg

May 23, 2014, 9:48:18 AM5/23/14
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
  Is there some way I can save the console or workspace so I can reload it at a later time or if I crash?

Also, is there an interrupt key on the console? I already posted this question but I do not see it in the list.

Larry

Philippe Mougin

May 23, 2014, 4:43:36 PM5/23/14
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
Le vendredi 23 mai 2014 15:48:18 UTC+2, Larry Kellogg a écrit :
  Is there some way I can save the console or workspace so I can reload it at a later time or if I crash?

No.

What you can do is to save objects of interest using, for example, the "save" or "save:" methods (see the F-Script doc, chapter 9).

There is also a deprecated mechanism that saves as much as it can of your workspace. See the old F-Script doc from F-Script 1.3.5 (still downloadable), chapter 9.  You might find it useful for interactive sessions but I advise against using it in production code as it is deprecated.

Philippe