Compiling F-script with XCode 4.3 and OS 10.7

Jonathan Mitchell

Mar 19, 2012, 9:47:46 AM3/19/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
Building F-script on OS X 10.7 with Xcode 4.3 can be lethargic.

The culprit is:

@interface FSObjectBrowserView (FSObjectBrowserViewObjectInfo)

- (void)fillMatrix:(NSMatrix *)m withObject:(id)object;

@end

This function is massive (3000 lines +) and on my machine takes 10-15 Minutes and uses 4GB of memory.
The build performance on Xcode 4.2 is worse than on 4.1 and Xcode 3.

To help alleviate the problem I have refactored FSObjectBrowserViewObjectInfo.m to include a helper object that breaks the function down into smaller blocks. This allows the file to build in about 20secs and use about 250MB of memory.

The change can be pulled from:
https://github.com/mugginsoft/F-Script

Regards

Jonathan Mitchell