F-Script and Mountain Lion?

jcb

Aug 9, 2012, 1:31:27 AM8/9/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
Right now, the app doesn't launch under 10.8. Will there be a build that does? Is there something I can do to the source to get it to build? I'm missing the use of F-Script in so many small ways.

Philippe Mougin

Aug 9, 2012, 2:27:38 AM8/9/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com, f-sc...@googlegroups.com
I'm missing it too! I've not yet had time to look into what is preventing it to run. If someone find the problem, just let us know please.
P.

Le 9 août 2012 à 07:31, jcb <jcb...@gmail.com> a écrit :

Right now, the app doesn't launch under 10.8. Will there be a build that does? Is there something I can do to the source to get it to build? I'm missing the use of F-Script in so many small ways.

Karsten

Aug 9, 2012, 2:32:36 AM8/9/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
10.8 lacks the Xgridfoundation.framework that F-Script.app is linked against.
The F-Script.framework is not linked against it, which is why F-Script anywhere is still working :-)

Karsten

Philippe Mougin

Aug 9, 2012, 3:29:26 AM8/9/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
Ah thank you . F-Script is linked to this Xgridfoundation.framework but doesn't use it so it should just be a matter of unlinking it in the Xcode project and rebuilding.
P.

Karsten

Aug 13, 2012, 4:59:26 AM8/13/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
I still use the service to inject the F-Script bundle into the current application and it works without problems. You need to make sure that gdb is installed though. Just try to execute the shell script that's part of the automator script in Terminal and you should see why it doesn't work.

Kind Regards
Karsten

Am 13.08.2012 um 05:57 schrieb jtbandes <jtba...@gmail.com>:

After a few changes I was able to make it build and run the F-Script application. But I am not able to attach via gdb and load the framework in any other process. Has anyone had any luck with this in Mountain Lion?
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/f-script/-/6DqKrRC0OE8J.

jtbandes

Aug 13, 2012, 6:28:57 AM8/13/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
I do have gdb installed; I even tried performing the steps manually from gdb. I was able to see (print-object) the bundle, but calling -load returned NO. My guess would be it's some sandbox-related issue, but perhaps something less complex is going on...

Karsten

Aug 13, 2012, 6:34:44 AM8/13/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
maybe you should try to load the bundle via dlopen and then send dlerror to get the error message. Not sure if dlerror also works when calling [aBundle load].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/f-script/-/PBz04fujfAwJ.

jtbandes

Aug 14, 2012, 2:59:14 AM8/14/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
If I call dlopen on the executable, then dlerror says "image not found"... any thoughts?

Karsten

Aug 14, 2012, 7:05:31 AM8/14/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
image not found means that no image (mach-o file) could be found at the given path.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/f-script/-/aH14O4BMA_wJ.

Ilya Kulakov

Aug 15, 2012, 8:42:59 AM8/15/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
Could you share the binary?

понедельник, 13 августа 2012 г., 10:57:18 UTC+7 пользователь jtbandes написал:
After a few changes I was able to make it build and run the F-Script application. But I am not able to attach via gdb and load the framework in any other process. Has anyone had any luck with this in Mountain Lion?

On Thursday, August 9, 2012 12:29:26 AM UTC-7, Philippe Mougin wrote:
Message has been deleted

Jeff Biggus

Aug 30, 2012, 8:29:26 PM8/30/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
Just checking, but has anyone been able to compile a Mountain Lion compatible binary and willing to share? I feel like I've lost an important coding tool since moving to ML.

-Jeff

Ilya Kulakov

Sep 1, 2012, 7:25:26 AM9/1/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
Here it is: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1999451/F-Script.zip

Mathieu Godart

Sep 14, 2012, 4:31:53 AM9/14/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
Ilya,

You are my hero! Thank you so much. :-)

Mathieu Godart
L'atelier du mobile

lateAtNight

Sep 30, 2012, 2:39:23 PM9/30/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
Could anyone provide instructions on how to get FScript to compile under Mountain Lion? I would use the Binary, but I'm constrained to compiling 32bit sadly and the binary Ilya put up is 64 :(

Would appreciate any and all help.

Thanks,
David.

mugginsoft

Oct 1, 2012, 3:16:48 AM10/1/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
A universal binary and 32bit only can be obtained here;
http://www.mugginsoft.com/download/other/F-Script.ML.32.zip
http://www.mugginsoft.com/download/other/F-Script.ML.universal.zip

The build source is here:

https://github.com/mugginsoft/Fragaria

You can also run F-script on 10.8 within KosmicTask from http://www.mugginsoft.com/kosmictask

Jonathan

lateAtNight

Oct 2, 2012, 11:04:09 AM10/2/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that Jonathan.

Just one more question. I might be being really thick here but I still can't get it to compile. I put the framework into /Library/Frameworks and then under "Build Phases" in the xcode project settings I add it to the "Link Binaries with Library" and also to "Copy Frameworks". When I add <FScript/FScript.h> to the project it complain about missing "BlockSignature.h". Am I missing something?

Thanks,
David.

mugginsoft

Oct 2, 2012, 3:56:04 PM10/2/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
David

BlockSignature.h is indeed missing from the framework public headers. The issue doesn't show up when I use the framework in KosmicTask because I import the entire project as a sub-project and Xcode can locate BlockSignature.h. I have pushed the fix to https://github.com/mugginsoft/Fragaria. Just clone that and build your framework.

Jonathan Mitchell

Sep 30, 2012, 4:50:17 PM9/30/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com

On 30 Sep 2012, at 19:39, lateAtNight <david...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Could anyone provide instructions on how to get FScript to compile under Mountain Lion? I would use the Binary, but I'm constrained to compiling 32bit sadly and the binary Ilya put up is 64 :(
>
> Would appreciate any and all help.

Ilya Kulakov

Oct 3, 2012, 3:28:38 PM10/3/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
I believe, Jonathan meant https://github.com/mugginsoft/F-Script
Also, here is my modified version of his fork (has new frameworks, but lacks GC-support): https://github.com/Kentzo/F-Script
Binaries: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1999451/F-Script.zip

lateAtNight

Oct 3, 2012, 3:31:28 PM10/3/12
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much to the both of you, Ilya and Jonathan.
I have it compiling! Now I just need to work out how to do everything I want to do with it.

Thanks,
David.

Jakub Arnold

Jun 22, 2013, 10:02:19 AM6/22/13
to f-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys, this works perfectly on my 10.8.4 :)