Time to make a start...

Rich

Jun 11, 2007, 11:45:56 PM6/11/07
to EZDAC Builders
Well, my boards arrived yesterday morning. Have put the DAC and ASRC
onto one, unfortunately, the second didn't survive my botched attempt
at removing the ASRC. But the DAC and output stage hasn't been
touched, so it should be a good donor for when I get around to playing
around with a USB interface.

Was browsing through Rapid whilst placing my order, and picked up some
other things...

IR receiver - the biggest thing I miss from my Audigy 2NX. It was so
handy to sit in bed with the headphones on, and skip tracks...
Transformers - !!!

http://www.rapidonline.com/productinfo.aspx?tier1=Electronic+Components&tier2=Transformers&tier3=Encapsulated+Transformers&tier4=Non-RoHS+Approved+low+profile+encapsulated+transformers&moduleno=75686
http://www.rapidonline.com/productinfo.aspx?tier1=Electronic+Components&tier2=Transformers&tier3=Encapsulated+Transformers&tier4=Non-RoHS+Approved+encapsulated+transformers&moduleno=75685

At those prives, I bought 6. Not too sure why, but it made sense at
the time - had to find a few items to bump up the total, so I could
get free shipping. Figured I'd get some more stripboard and build a
simple headphone amp, mainly so I can experiment with different
flavours of opamp. Heck, maybe that second ezdac board will end up
having the I/V section bypassed, and fed straight into a headphone
amp...

Of course, thinking a little more realistically, I may as well just
grab all the components now, and put them in a fire. I dare say I'd
achieve the same result as I would if I spent 52 days assembling
everything ;-).

--Rich

Rich

Jun 11, 2007, 11:48:28 PM6/11/07
to EZDAC Builders
You can tell it's 4.45am here in the UK - look at all my spelling
mistakes! Prives? :-D