EZDAC I/V Simulation

ezkcdude

Apr 7, 2007, 1:15:38 PM4/7/07
to EZDAC Builders
So, prompted by John's efforts with the DAC, I thought I would post a
circuit simulation I did some time ago when I was designing the I/V
stage for the ezdac. This was done in TINA-TI, which you can download
for free. I'm definitely not an expert with it, but I think I figured
out the basics, anyway. I've posted the sim in the Files section
(ezdacIV.TSC), and I've also posted an image of the circuit
(ezdacIV.png).

I've set the I/V resistors to 25R, and the feedback resistors to 1.5K.
The op amp input resistors are 100R. The current is set to +/-3.9mA,
which gives (I think) an amplitude equal to 7.8 mA, so simulating the
PCM1794. The frequency is set to 1000Hz. For this set of parameters, I
get an output from OPA134 (probably doesn't matter much what op amp is
put in here, right?) of 2.34V. I'm not sure if that represents the
peak or the RMS. At any rate, this seemed like a good output, so the
question is whether the simulation makes any sense. If anyone is
interested (I'm hoping) and wants a nice problem for an Easter weekend
(or Passover), feel free to give the circuit a once (or twice) over
look.