EZDAC PSU bypass

claud...@hotmail.com

Apr 11, 2007, 8:53:02 PM4/11/07
to EZDAC Builders
Hi guys,
I read T. used different PSU for each required voltage, 3/ 5/ -+12)
using PFM flea.
Now my question: did he bypass the EZDAC on board LM?
Evan wouldn't be nice to place some pics showing the places to connect
external PSU for the 3 required voltages, bypassing the on board LM?
This way you show another way to use your project, expanding its
possibilities.

Regards,
Claudio

Evan Zamir

Apr 11, 2007, 11:33:28 PM4/11/07
to ezdac-b...@googlegroups.com
Claudio, thanks for the suggestion. When I have time I think I will do that. And to answer your question, Ted did bypass the LM3XX regs.
-evan

mult...@ntlworld.com

Apr 12, 2007, 5:48:24 AM4/12/07
to EZDAC Builders
Hi Ciaudio,

I'm T. who posts on diyaudio:-)
For the regulation I simply removed the LM317 for the 5v, LM317/337
for the 12v.
I feed the output of the flea to where the 5v LM317 out was and run
the ground to the main psu GND.
For the Burson regulators I removed both the resistors that was used
to set the LM317/337 output voltage, fitted a wire link in place of
the resistor that goes from adjust pin to ground, I then set the
trimmer on the Burson to output the needed voltage and fitted these
straight onto the pcb

For the XO I simply fitted it in the Flea and then run the output so
it feeds the AD chips, the resistors on the flea's output was
bypassed because theres already dropper resistors on the Ezdac board

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1293/4634025/12749957/244973386.jpg

Cheers,
Leo

claud...@hotmail.com

Apr 13, 2007, 10:06:29 AM4/13/07
to EZDAC Builders
Ok, I will wait for my EZDAC to arrive better visualize the way out.
Thanks.

Claudio