When is a NOTIFICATION_STATE_CHANGE generated for TalkBack?

Nolan Darilek

Feb 24, 2019, 2:02:50 PM2/24/19
to Eyes-free Development
Working with Flutter and am trying to add notifications using the local
notifications plugin. My app generates notifications that I can locate
manually in the notification area, but they don't speak, and no
NOTIFICATION_STATE_CHANGED event is generated for them. The plugin
doesn't currently support setting ticker text, but I hacked that in
thinking it might do the trick. No dice. I've also noticed that if I set
a sound then the notification is spoken and the sound played, but I'd
really rather not have sound notifications for this use.

Under what circumstances is a NOTIFICATION_STATE_CHANGED event
generated? Or, put another way, when does TalkBack read a notification?
This is Android 7.0--not exactly cutting edge, but what I'm stuck with.
Also, other apps on this device speak their notifications when the
screen is off, and some notifications don't include a sound, so it seems
possible if I find the right combination of steps.

Thanks.

Akash Kakkar

Feb 25, 2019, 5:48:52 AM2/25/19
to eyes-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nolan,
Actually the notification events should contain the text as well.
I was also having this issue with flutter some time ago but I fixed
after a huge difficulty.
I'll try to find that code and will send you if I find it.
Hope I haven't deleted that repo.
There are some other problems of this type with flutter.
hope they gets fixed soon.

Nolan Darilek

Feb 25, 2019, 8:22:18 AM2/25/19
to eyes-f...@googlegroups.com
Oh, that'd be amazing if you found it--I've probably spent hours on this
and honestly didn't expect any answers from this list but thought I'd
try anyway. Do you remember which notification plugin you used?
local-notifications?

Thanks.