See Eye-Fi as a WiFi Network drive

Matt

Aug 24, 2011, 2:18:43 PM8/24/11
to Eye-Fi Config Discussion
Hi Guys,

I am new to this Eye-Fi device. I would like to use it as a network
drive that can be accessed via Windows, for simple file transfer. I
don't really care about its other bells and whistles. I've been
testing it and it does not seem that as provided stock that it will
work this way, this is what lead me here.

Maybe there is another company that makes a WiFi SD card with flash?
All I need is a flash drive that is networkable via WiFi.

Another caviate, my Eye-Fi host device is our own brew, so has no real
OS. Hoping that the Eye-Fi can manage it's WiFi itself?

Thanks,
Matt

Dave Hansen

Aug 24, 2011, 3:13:42 PM8/24/11
to eyefi-conf...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 2011-08-24 at 11:18 -0700, Matt wrote:
> I am new to this Eye-Fi device. I would like to use it as a network
> drive that can be accessed via Windows, for simple file transfer. I
> don't really care about its other bells and whistles. I've been
> testing it and it does not seem that as provided stock that it will
> work this way, this is what lead me here.

There's no way to do that with the existing firmware. It's _possible_
that if you could write your data out in a JPEG, RAW, or movie format
that the card would allow some external software to contact it and fetch
the data with "Direct Mode", but that'd take hacking on both ends: your
device and the Windows client side.

-- Dave

Matt

Aug 24, 2011, 4:37:10 PM8/24/11
to Eye-Fi Config Discussion
Thank you sir for your information! Good Luck on this project.