Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

chris mobberley

não lida,
12 de out. de 2014, 12:26:0512/10/2014
para eyefi-conf...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I was in dire need of an SD card to use for some work and all I had was a spare eye-fi card sat around. Long story short it was re-purposed with a full format (all filesystem taken back to pure storage). A few years on and I'm wanting to use it for its intended purpose again as an Eye-Fi card.

I cant seem to find anything that suggests re-uploading firmware on to the SD card to enable the full eye-fi wifi support etc.

Any help?

Ernie Hershey

não lida,
12 de out. de 2014, 14:30:4012/10/2014
para eyefi-conf...@googlegroups.com
I didn't think formatting affected functionality, just removed the software you can install on your computer from the card. Have you tried just going through the setup from the eyefi website?

Ernie

Sent from my iPhone

Christopher Mobberley

não lida,
12 de out. de 2014, 14:33:5512/10/2014
para eyefi-conf...@googlegroups.com

I completely removed all partitions on the card via Linux as I needed all the 8Gb so there's nothing on it at all

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Eye-Fi Config Discussion" group.

Ernie Hershey

não lida,
12 de out. de 2014, 14:55:0112/10/2014
para eyefi-conf...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter.

Have you tried just going through the setup from the eyefi website?

Sent from my iPhone

Dave Hansen

não lida,
12 de out. de 2014, 16:16:3112/10/2014
para eyefi-conf...@googlegroups.com
All that you have to do to get it working again is to re-create the files that were there before you formatted it. You don't actually have to upload any firmware.

I wrote a script to re-create them at some point. I think it is in the git repository but if it is not let me know and I'll send you a copy.

- Dave
(sorry if this is a top-posted reply... stupid phone)
--

chris mobberley

não lida,
12 de out. de 2014, 16:35:3212/10/2014
para eyefi-conf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

Can you link to the git repo? I'll take a look around then
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to eyefi-config-discuss+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Randall Mason

não lida,
13 de out. de 2014, 03:58:2113/10/2014
para eyefi-conf...@googlegroups.com
I actually was able to get my eye-fi card back to normal by just doing a simple full partition and format to fat32.  Does that not work?  I had some filesystem corruption associated with the special files that the internal processor accessed directly and couldn't access it.  By just doing a full repartition with the first and only partition being a fat32 filesystem, the internal microprocessor recreated the files and folders it needed.  Then it's just the same as your old eye-fi.  Configuration and everything is stored without the use of the SD Card memory.

Randall Mason
ran...@mason.ch

Christopher Mobberley

não lida,
13 de out. de 2014, 04:01:3813/10/2014
para eyefi-conf...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the valuable input I will give that a go tonight. At the moment the eyefi configuration script that has been made for Linux can't even find the card mounted so hopefully this will be the last part to the puzzle.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Eye-Fi Config Discussion" group.

Randall Mason

não lida,
13 de out. de 2014, 04:14:0513/10/2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 11:01 AM, Christopher Mobberley <chrismo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for the valuable input I will give that a go tonight. At the moment the eyefi configuration script that has been made for Linux can't even find the card mounted so hopefully this will be the last part to the puzzle.

The eyefi configuration script can only read those special files, there is no direct way to communicate with the microprocessor, so it does make sense that it would not find anything.  I had the same problem when the files were corrupted or something.  I think that the problem was that I wrote to them using an arm architecture instead of x86 and there was some problem with bit lengths or endianess.  Once I reformatted it, the microprocessor recreated the files and folder.

Randall Mason
ran...@mason.ch
Responder a todos
Responder ao autor