Eye-Fi Config into CHDK?

andyroo

Aug 15, 2011, 9:17:08 PM8/15/11
to Eye-Fi Config Discussion
Hi Dave,

Berend pointed me to your github code earlier today, and from there I
found your blog and this - great work on Eye-Fi Config!

I am hoping I can get it incorporated into a build of CHDK so I can
get something like Endless Memory working on a FAT16 card (only works
on FAT32). If CHDK can use Eye-Fi Config to query the card log file or
the file upload state, then a Lua script should be able to call that
function and delete files that are successfully uploaded - maybe even
build a function that queries Endless Memory settings to determine
what, and how many files to delete.

Super exciting for me, since I've already got a couple cameras that I
can't use as safely in fieldwork until there's a way to delete files
only after confirming they've been uploaded.

But I was wondering - have you made a build of CHDK with your code
incorporated, and if so, how did you expose it within CHDK?

Dave Hansen

Aug 15, 2011, 9:39:21 PM8/15/11
to eyefi-conf...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 18:17 -0700, andyroo wrote:
> But I was wondering - have you made a build of CHDK with your code
> incorporated, and if so, how did you expose it within CHDK?

I did a long time ago. But, basically, I just added some new menus to
chdk. My code is _fairly_ standalone and isn't too difficult to
integrate into chdk.

What I've got left is in here:

http://sr71.net/~dave/projects/eyefi/chdk/

You're welcome to dig around and see if there's anything useful to you
in there.

-- Dave