firmware.

neutronscott

Nov 26, 2010, 7:27:09 PM11/26/10
to Eye-Fi Config Discussion
i saw the X2 eye-fi at the store today and decided to google it a bit
and found your very old blog entries about the firmware. i'm not
interested in using this in a camera at all. i don't even have one
that works. but i've seen devices that would benefit from wifi-sdio
card and still get the bit of storage out of it. (like the NanoNote)
http://sharism.cc/specs/

probably this card works with drivers available. probably with all the
ROM available there is room for improvement in custom firmware. It may
have no bootloader at all. The SoC should have EJTAG somewhere
available (meaning it's probably a MIPS32 4K core?)

I just wonder how much RAM is available to this device..

I'm not buying one. I'd never get far with it, but thought I'd check-
in. If it can't run Linux, I'm not the right guy. Tho, if it had 8M+
of RAM I'd jump on it. :)

Randall Mason

Jan 24, 2013, 12:00:36 AM1/24/13
to eyefi-conf...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm also wondering about my eye-fi card's firmware.  I have a 4GB X2 something or another.

I read on Dave's blog that he had gotten an eyefi card's firmware that changed with every download.  Would you be willing to share the process of getting that?  Was it a simple tcpdump on the connection while it downloaded the upgrade, or is it a little more complicated?

Thanks so much!
-Randall

Dave Hansen

Jan 25, 2013, 11:07:08 PM1/25/13
to eyefi-conf...@googlegroups.com, eyefi-conf...@googlegroups.com

> I read on Dave's blog that he had gotten an eyefi card's firmware that changed with every download. Would you be willing to share the process of getting that? Was it a simple tcpdump on the connection while it downloaded the upgrade, or is it a little more complicated?

If I remember correctly you just handed your MAC and firmware version to some eyefi web address and it would spit out the firmware. I believe they changed it and that approach no longer works. I think I even posted scripts to do it.

Randall Mason

Jan 26, 2013, 2:13:55 AM1/26/13
to eyefi-conf...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, I tried the perl script.  I'm now trying to sniff the traffic when the eye-fi center checks for, and gets, the update.

Either way, thanks for such a good product! I love eyefi-config!

-Randall