Making it work on Vista

1 view

Vineet Belani

Jun 24, 2009, 11:25:39 PM6/24/09
to exyus
Hi Mike

Have you had any luck in testing Exyus on a Vista machine running IIS7

Kind Regards
Vineet Belani

mike amundsen

Jun 24, 2009, 11:50:56 PM6/24/09
to ex...@googlegroups.com
Vineet:

I've not started a build for Vista/IIS7 yet, but it's on my work list.

I suspect there are some issues w/ mapping the custom handler, but most of the other details should work fine. For example, I use a stand-alone version of the Utilities class on Vista quite regularly.

If you are working through it now, feel free to post your efforts here. I'd be happy to work with you as you work out the details.

I am in the middle of a couple big projects and plan on tackling a Vista-compatible version this fall.

Looking forward to your feedback and suggestions.

mca
http://amundsen.com/blog/

Vineet Belani

Jun 25, 2009, 12:24:48 AM6/25/09
to ex...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike

I have just installed it on my vista machine running IIS7 ... most of the things work fine. However there are a few samples which are not working.

For example: when I go into the samples dir http://localhost/xcs/samples and click on ./helloworld I get a HTTP error 404.0 - Not found error ... however when i click on ./virtual?name=exyus I get the right result "hello exyus" ... when I click on ./virual/hello?name=guest I again get a HTTP error 404 - Not found ... when I click on ./Time i get the following result 2009-06-25T04:19:44 and so on

I am interested in Exyus because I want to use it to communicate to an iPhone app which interfaces with a ASP.NET web application. Objective-C can't consume a ASP.NET SOAP Webservice easily but with a Restful/JSON implementation  is much easier to work with in Objective-C.

I am running VS 2008 and tried to open the Samples project but was unscuessfull. I get an error msg saying The application for project .....\Exyus.Samples.csproj is not installed Make sure the application for the project type .csproj is installed.

Regards
VB