adding JSON support to exyus

mca

Feb 1, 2008, 11:49:14 AM2/1/08
to exyus
I completed my first round of JSON support for the exyus engine last
night. I haven't checked it in yet, but will do that this weekend.

Now, by adding the proper transform document (get_response_json.xsl)
clients can send "accept:application/json" and receive a valid JSON
representation of the resource. You can check out a detailed post on
this here:
http://amundsen.com/blog/archives/604

I still need to do more work to handle JSON documents on PUT/POST.
Hopefully, I can get that working over the weekend.

Once i have full support, I'll check it into the SVN repository and
post an update here.

MCA

Mike Schinkel

Feb 1, 2008, 12:29:16 PM2/1/08
to ex...@googlegroups.com
Excellent!

mike amundsen

Feb 1, 2008, 1:03:18 PM2/1/08
to ex...@googlegroups.com
Thought you'd like that.

In the process of getting this working, I found *lots* of different
ways to serialize data using the JSON output. esp lots of things
related to XML to JSON and back (some of which you sent me. Gotta say
very few of them seemed to make sense. I decided on to use
http://www.json.org/example.html as my guide. I found a rather obscure
C# library (circa 2003?) that seems to follow the json.org patterns
very closely. I'm adopting that and modifying it to deal with some
details of accepting JSON for PUT/POST. Once I get that handled, JSON
should be a 'no-brainer' for the exyus engine.

BTW - I'd had this on my 'to-do' list for quite a while. It was you
who finally got me off my duff to do the work. Thanks!

MCA

--
mca
http://amundsen.com/blog/

Mike Schinkel

Feb 1, 2008, 5:02:50 PM2/1/08
to ex...@googlegroups.com
Glad I could be that kick in the ass. Guess I'm good for something!

mike amundsen

Feb 1, 2008, 5:12:55 PM2/1/08
to ex...@googlegroups.com
hehehe

i'll post again when i have it up on the public side.

MCA

--
mca
http://amundsen.com/blog/