Ukrainian astronomers systematically studying UFOs over warzone

Stuart LaForge

Sep 15, 2022, 8:57:44 AM9/15/22
to ExI Chat, extro...@googlegroups.com

Astronomers from the Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences in Kyiv
have been tracking and studying a large number of UAPs that have been
flying over the warzone. By using simultaneous observations from two
tracking stations spaced 120 km apart, they were able to triangulate
their altitude, speed, size, and optical characteristics. They ranged
from being 10-15 km in altitude to 1170 km in altitude, travelling at
speeds of up to 15 km per second, and ranged from 3 to 12 meters
across in size. The scientists have classified the UFOs as either
"cosmics" or "phantoms" based on whether they emit or absorb light.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2208.11215.pdf

https://nypost.com/2022/09/14/ukrainian-astronomers-claim-ufos-everywhere-over-kyiv/?utm_source=like2buy.curalate.com&crl8_id=66ab5525-26eb-493c-9724-70537d09c17d

----------------------
Abstract

NASA commissioned a research team to study Unidentified Aerial
Phenomena (UAP), observations
of events that cannot scientifically be identified as known natural
phenomena. The Main Astronomical
Observatory of NAS of Ukraine conducts an independent study of UAP
also. For UAP observations, we
used two meteor stations installed in Kyiv and in the Vinarivka
village in the south of the Kyiv region.
Observations were performed with colour video cameras in the daytime
sky. We have developed a special
observation technique, for detecting and evaluating UAP
characteristics. According to our data, there are
two types of UAP, which we conventionally call: (1) Cosmics, and (2)
Phantoms. We note that Cosmics
are luminous objects, brighter than the background of the sky. We call
these ships names of birds (swift,
falcon, eagle). Phantoms are dark objects, with contrast from several
to about 50 per cent. We present a
broad range of UAPs. We see them everywhere. We observe a significant
number of objects whose nature
is not clear. Flights of single, group and squadrons of the ships were
detected, moving at speeds from 3 to
15 degrees per second. Some bright objects exhibit regular brightness
variability in the range of 10 - 20 Hz.
Two-site observations of UAPs at a base of 120 km with two
synchronised cameras allowed the detection of
a variable object, at an altitude of 1170 km. It flashes for one
hundredth of a second at an average of 20 Hz.
We use colourimetry methods to determine of distance to objects and
evaluate their color characteristics.
Objects RGB colors of the Adobe color system had converted to the
Johnson BVR astronomical color system
using the color corrections. Phantom shows the colur characteristics
inherent in an object with zero albedos.
It is a completely black body that does not emit and absorbs all the
radiation falling on it. We see an object
because it shields radiation due to Rayleigh scattering. An object
contrast makes it possible to estimate the
distance using colorimetric methods. Phantoms are observed in the
troposphere at distances up to 10 - 12
km. We estimate their size from 3 to 12 meters and speeds up to 15 km/s.
----------------

This is the crunchiest data on UFOs I have seen to date, and I am
interested to hear what you guys have to say about this.

Stuart LaForge

Stuart LaForge

Sep 18, 2022, 1:09:43 AM9/18/22
to extropolis
Quoting myself:
 > Astronomers from the Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences in Kyiv > have been tracking and studying a large number of UAPs that have been > flying over the warzone. By using simultaneous observations from two > tracking stations spaced 120 km apart, they were able to triangulate > their altitude, speed, size, and optical characteristics. They ranged > from being 10-15 km in altitude to 1170 km in altitude, travelling at > speeds of up to 15 km per second, and ranged from 3 to 12 meters > across in size. The scientists have classified the UFOs as either > "cosmics" or "phantoms" based on whether they emit or absorb light. > > https://arxiv.org/pdf/2208.11215.pdf > > >

After examining the paper, I find the most interesting bit of data to be figure 4. I have attached figures 3 and 4 to this email. Figure 4 shows that there is a LINEAR relationship between a UFO's brightness and its speed. So a UFO going twice as fast glows twice as bright. What is so remarkable about this is that this does not correspond to any known phenomenon.

For example, a meteor would display a quadratic relationship due to nature of kinetic energy being converted to heat and light due to friction, causing the meteor to incandesce. So a meteor that went twice as fast would glow four times as bright. Due to the nature of aerodynamic drag forces versus engine efficiency, the difference would be even more marked in any known flying vehicle where the relationship would be that the engine power and therefore brightness would increase with the cube of the velocity. So an airplane or a rocket that went twice as fast, would glow eight times as bright.

So figure 3 in the paper is very strange. Maybe the UAPs are using some form of dark matter engineering that allows them to interact with fluids of normal matter in a weaker fashion, allowing them to speed through the oceans and atmosphere without friction or drag?

Stuart LaForge

UAP-snip.JPG

John Clark

Sep 18, 2022, 8:03:19 AM9/18/22
to extro...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Sep 18, 2022 at 1:09 AM Stuart LaForge <stuart....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe the UAPs [...]

I had to ask Google what a UAP was as I've never heard of it before, apparently it's a euphemism for a UFO, which itself is a euphemism for a flying saucer.  And I must say the authors of the paper you cite certainly didn't conduct their study objectively starting with an open mind, right in the abstract they start talking about "group and squadrons of the ships".

> are using some form of dark matter engineering

So you're suggesting it's not a UAP or a UFO, it's an IFP, an Identified Flying Object, it's an alien spaceship powered by dark matter.

> this does not correspond to any known phenomenon.

Perhaps, unless of course the entire thing is just a camera artifact.

Lawrence Crowell

Sep 18, 2022, 8:08:25 AM9/18/22
to extro...@googlegroups.com
It amuses me that people continue to voice ideas about alien visitations and UFOs = spaceships.

LC

Telmo Menezes

Sep 18, 2022, 8:12:02 AM9/18/22
to extro...@googlegroups.com

Am So, 18. Sep 2022, um 14:02, schrieb John Clark:
On Sun, Sep 18, 2022 at 1:09 AM Stuart LaForge <stuart....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe the UAPs [...]

I had to ask Google what a UAP was as I've never heard of it before, apparently it's a euphemism for a UFO, which itself is a euphemism for a flying saucer.

My understanding is that the American military adopted the term "UAP" because of the stigma associated with reporting UFO sightings, probably fearing that fighter pilots and other military personnel would refrain from reporting sightings of unknown foreign technology for fear of ridicule / career damage.

My hunch on this: the USA are deploying / testing some secret technology in this conflict. The original UFO craze coincided with a period of rapid technological development during the cold war, namely of stealth aircraft.

Telmo

And I must say the authors of the paper you cite certainly didn't conduct their study objectively starting with an open mind, right in the abstract they start talking about "group and squadrons of the ships".

> are using some form of dark matter engineering

So you're suggesting it's not a UAP or a UFO, it's an IFP, an Identified Flying Object, it's an alien spaceship powered by dark matter.

> this does not correspond to any known phenomenon.

Perhaps, unless of course the entire thing is just a camera artifact.

John Clark

Sep 18, 2022, 8:28:13 AM9/18/22
to extro...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Sep 18, 2022 at 8:12 AM Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.net> wrote:

> My understanding is that the American military adopted the term "UAP" because of the stigma associated with reporting UFO sightings

I have no doubt that's true, but sometimes a stigma has been well earned. The same phenomenon, a chain of successive euphemisms, has occurred in psychic "research"; spiritualism became discredited so they changed the name to ESP, then ESP became discredited so they changed the name to PSI. I expect yet another name change very soon.

John K Clark

Telmo Menezes

Sep 18, 2022, 8:38:10 AM9/18/22
to John Clark, extro...@googlegroups.com
I don't dispute what you are saying, I am just pointing out that in this specific case there is a pragmatic reason for the maneuver -- to make sure that relevant military intelligence is not missed.

Telmo

John K Clark

Lawrence Crowell

Sep 18, 2022, 9:15:32 AM9/18/22
to extro...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Sep 18, 2022 at 7:12 AM Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.net> wrote:

Am So, 18. Sep 2022, um 14:02, schrieb John Clark:
On Sun, Sep 18, 2022 at 1:09 AM Stuart LaForge <stuart....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe the UAPs [...]

I had to ask Google what a UAP was as I've never heard of it before, apparently it's a euphemism for a UFO, which itself is a euphemism for a flying saucer.

My understanding is that the American military adopted the term "UAP" because of the stigma associated with reporting UFO sightings, probably fearing that fighter pilots and other military personnel would refrain from reporting sightings of unknown foreign technology for fear of ridicule / career damage.

My hunch on this: the USA are deploying / testing some secret technology in this conflict. The original UFO craze coincided with a period of rapid technological development during the cold war, namely of stealth aircraft.

Telmo

It is plausible the US or NATO is testing drones over Ukraine. The one factor I can see reducing this probability is that drones can be shot down. If the Russians recovered a US/NATO drone they shot down that would be a political problem. Testing this way is risky for political reasons, and if there are pilots on test aircraft the risks are even worse.

LC

And I must say the authors of the paper you cite certainly didn't conduct their study objectively starting with an open mind, right in the abstract they start talking about "group and squadrons of the ships".

> are using some form of dark matter engineering

So you're suggesting it's not a UAP or a UFO, it's an IFP, an Identified Flying Object, it's an alien spaceship powered by dark matter.

> this does not correspond to any known phenomenon.

Perhaps, unless of course the entire thing is just a camera artifact.

Stuart LaForge

Sep 18, 2022, 9:28:04 AM9/18/22
to extropolis
On Sunday, September 18, 2022 at 5:03:19 AM UTC-7 johnk...@gmail.com wrote:
On Sun, Sep 18, 2022 at 1:09 AM Stuart LaForge <stuart....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe the UAPs [...]

I had to ask Google what a UAP was as I've never heard of it before, apparently it's a euphemism for a UFO, which itself is a euphemism for a flying saucer.  And I must say the authors of the paper you cite certainly didn't conduct their study objectively starting with an open mind, right in the abstract they start talking about "group and squadrons of the ships".

Perhaps they are trying to secure grant money from the NASA program to study the phenomena which is predicated on U.S. concerns about superior technology in the hands of unknown adversaries.

> are using some form of dark matter engineering

So you're suggesting it's not a UAP or a UFO, it's an IFP, an Identified Flying Object, it's an alien spaceship powered by dark matter.

I am merely pointing out that dark matter does not cause sonic booms either when it passes through our atmosphere. It might have relevance to that property of UFOs, although I doubt it functions as a power source.

> this does not correspond to any known phenomenon.

Perhaps, unless of course the entire thing is just a camera artifact.

Even if the Navy video you posted is a camera artifact, the Ukranian astronomers used cameras at two separate observatories 120 km apart. Why would same camera artifact show up independently on two different cameras at the same time? Also, these guys are professional astronomers who study meteors, not kids on a hike in the woods. Presumably they have the equipment and the knowledge to filter out artifacts, otherwise they could not do their jobs.

Stuart LaForge

Stuart LaForge

Sep 18, 2022, 2:56:41 PM9/18/22
to extropolis
Quoting Telmo:

My understanding is that the American military adopted the term "UAP" because of the stigma associated with reporting UFO sightings, probably fearing that fighter pilots and other military personnel would refrain from reporting sightings of unknown foreign technology for fear of ridicule / career damage.

Yes. There is a long history of UFO sightings being associated with military installations, personnel, and aircraft. Dating back to the foo-fighters of World War 2. The only UFO that I have ever seen was while I was in the military in the 1990s and it was saucer-shaped.

My hunch on this: the USA are deploying / testing some secret technology in this conflict. The original UFO craze coincided with a period of rapid technological during the cold war, namely of stealth aircraft.

Telmo

That is certainly a possibility. For historical perspective, here is one of the oldest documented video recordings and analysis of the UFO phenomena that I could locate:

Stuart LaForge