See how you can protect your usb dongle with automatic malware scanning using calmav

XMACHINE

Jun 21, 2008, 4:52:31 AM6/21/08
to Extreme-security
How many of you folks use a USB dongle for his daily tasks? I think
most of you, but since this blog is about security & malwares. Today,
I’m going to show you a trick using a windows batch file and the
portable version of clamav for arming your dongle when you have to
copy/move files in a non-secure environment. For me personally, when I
need to get a new/additional USB dongle, I prefer the ones that have
read-write protection. This is a very effective way to protect your
USB when you need to transfer files between you laptop for instance,
and other machines. But suppose yours doesn’t this feature. You need
to create some kind of armor around it.

Continue Reading ...

http://extremesecurity.blogspot.com/2008/06/usb-dongle-auto-malwares-scanning-with.html