Malware Resistance Assessment

XMACHINE

Jul 2, 2008, 4:41:50 PM7/2/08
to Extreme-security
We all have heard of a "Vulnerability Assessment" or a "Network
Security Assessment", but what's about a "Malwares Resistance
Assessment”?

Well, it came to my mind this morning while talking to one of my
customers about hardening their machines to be more "resistant" to
malware infections.

It’s not clear if there is any kind of a standard to follow when we
need to measure the “resistance level” of our network against
malwares, but based on my knowledge and experience, I’d like to craft
an essential checklist of questions to answer them by yourself:

1) Do you have the latest version of the current antivirus which is
running on your system?

2) Is the antivirus capable to detect known malwares, rootkits, zer0-
day exploits using a proactive technique?

3) Is the antivirus capable to detect unknown malwares, rootkits, zer0-
day exploits using a proactive technique?

4) Do you have a patch-management strategy to fix operating systems
and third-party applications vulnerabilities?

Continue Reading ...

http://extremesecurity.blogspot.com/2008/07/malwares-resistance-assessment.html