Installing Extensive Testing client on Ubuntu

johnyg...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2017, 4:57:19 AM10/10/17
to Extensive Testing Users
Has any one successfully installed Extensive Testing Client on Ubuntu. I download the package from the link and I am trying to install it on Ubuntu 17.04.

I am getting the following error.

    Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cx_Freeze/initscripts/__startup__.py", line 14, in run

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cx_Freeze/initscripts/Console.py", line 26, in run

File "../../Main.py", line 94, in <module>

File "/root/Desktop/app-client/Libs/QtHelper.py", line 38, in <module>

ImportError: No module named PyQt5.QtGui

I already have PythonQT 5 installed. Installed Python version on my machine is Python 2.7.13

Denis MACHARD

Oct 10, 2017, 9:54:37 AM10/10/17
to johnyg...@gmail.com, Extensive Testing Users
Hi,

Can you try with PyQT 4 and python 2.7.x ?

BR,
Denis

--
If you like this project and you want to sponsor me then I am accepting donations :) via PayPal. The money received will be used to cover web site costs, domain name reservation and more;).
---

johnyg...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2017, 10:32:21 AM10/10/17
to Extensive Testing Users
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I already have it installed. I made a test file

import sys
from PyQt4.QtGui import *
app
= QApplication(sys.argv)
button
= QPushButton("Hello World", None)
button
.show()
app
.exec_()

Which when I run it using
 python2.7 test.py
runs successfully.

Is there something else that I need to do ?

Still when I try to execute

johny@johny-laptop:~/Downloads/exe.linux-x86_64-2.7$ ./ExtensiveTestingClient
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cx_Freeze/initscripts/__startup__.py", line 14, in run

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cx_Freeze/initscripts/Console.py", line 26, in run

File "../../Main.py", line 94, in <module>

File "/root/Desktop/app-client/Libs/QtHelper.py", line 38, in <module>
ImportError: No module named PyQt5.QtGui

I get the same error.

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 10:57 AM, <johnyg...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Denis MACHARD

Oct 10, 2017, 10:48:14 AM10/10/17
to johnyg...@gmail.com, Extensive Testing Users
Can you try from the source file ? (because the "binary" for linux is only tested on CentOS)

- and run python Main.py

Denis

If you like this project and you want to sponsor me then I am accepting donations :) via PayPal. The money received will be used to cover web site costs, domain name reservation and more;).
---

Johny George Malayil

Oct 10, 2017, 10:54:09 AM10/10/17
to Denis MACHARD, Extensive Testing Users
Hi Dennis,

This is what I get when I run it from the source.
johny@johny-laptop:~/Downloads/app-client-master$ python Main.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Main.py", line 180, in <module>
    import UserClientInterface as UCI
  File "/home/johny/Downloads/app-client-master/UserClientInterface.py", line 65, in <module>
    import TestResults
  File "/home/johny/Downloads/app-client-master/TestResults/__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
    from TestResults import *
  File "/home/johny/Downloads/app-client-master/TestResults/TestResults.py", line 45, in <module>
    import TestResult
  File "/home/johny/Downloads/app-client-master/TestResults/TestResult.py", line 67, in <module>
    import Workspace.FileModels.TestResult as TestResultModel
  File "/home/johny/Downloads/app-client-master/Workspace/__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
    from .Workspace import *
  File "/home/johny/Downloads/app-client-master/Workspace/Workspace.py", line 43, in <module>
    import DocumentProperties as WDocumentProperties
  File "/home/johny/Downloads/app-client-master/Workspace/DocumentProperties/__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
    from DocumentProperties import *
  File "/home/johny/Downloads/app-client-master/Workspace/DocumentProperties/DocumentProperties.py", line 50, in <module>
    import Parameters
  File "/home/johny/Downloads/app-client-master/Workspace/DocumentProperties/Parameters.py", line 2971
    drag.exec(Qt.CopyAction | Qt.CopyAction)
            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Thanks,
Johny George

Denis MACHARD

Oct 10, 2017, 10:58:19 AM10/10/17
to Johny George Malayil, Extensive Testing Users
invalid syntax! weird

i will test later in ubuntu and try to reproduce it

Denis

If you like this project and you want to sponsor me then I am accepting donations :) via PayPal. The money received will be used to cover web site costs, domain name reservation and more;).
---

Denis MACHARD

Oct 15, 2017, 10:04:40 AM10/15/17
to Johny George Malayil, Extensive Testing Users
Issue reproduced on my side.
I succeed to run the client on ubuntu after some bug fixes but it's still clearly experimental

Inline image 1

I will release all changes in the next release

Denis

Johny George

Oct 15, 2017, 12:57:14 PM10/15/17
to Denis MACHARD, Extensive Testing Users
Okay, thanks for letting me know.

Johny George Malayil

Oct 30, 2017, 2:56:17 PM10/30/17
to Denis MACHARD, Extensive Testing Users
Download link of ExtensiveTestingClient_17.1.0_Setup.tar.gz is missing. Can you please correct it.

download link
Thanks,
Johny George

Denis MACHARD

Oct 31, 2017, 1:55:25 PM10/31/17
to Johny George Malayil, Extensive Testing Users
Hi,

Build for linux will be no more available in the future  (to complicated to have a version running on all linux version).

To run the client on linux, you must retrieve the source from github https://github.com/dmachard/extensive-testing/tree/master/app-client
and following the guide here:

For centos6/7 -> The client must be executed with python > 2.5 and PyQt4.

- Install PyQt4

```
yum install epel-release PyQt4 python-test
yum install PyQt4-webkit qscintilla-python
yum install python-pip
yum install PyQt4-devel
```

- Install additionnals libraries

```
pip install dpkt
pip install cx_freeze
```

- Make resources for PyQt4

```
cd Scripts/qt4/
bash MakeResources.sh
Building files resources...
bash MakeTranslations.sh
Building translations resources...
cd ../..
```

- Run the client

```
python Main.py
```

For ubuntu 17.04 -> The client must be executed with python > 3.x and PyQt5.

- Install PyQt5

```
sudo apt-get –y install python3-pyqt5
sudo apt-get –y install python3-pyqt5.qsci
sudo apt-get –y install python3-pyqt5.qtwebengine
sudo apt-get –y install pyqt5-dev-tools
```

- Install additionnals libraries

```