Versioning ET test plans

rei...@kobil.com

Dec 1, 2016, 5:31:09 AM12/1/16
to Extensive Testing Users
Hello Denis,
hi all,

we began to use Extensive Testing (ET) in our team for software tests and we enjoy this tool so far.
Meanwhile we have some test plans and test projects and would like to put them on version control.
What is the best way to achieve that , and which version control software to use ( SVN, git)?
Does anyone have experience with that.
Thanks.

--

 with best regards,
Jürgen.

Denis MACHARD

Jan 18, 2017, 1:55:46 AM1/18/17
to Extensive Testing Users
Hi,

Not yet documented but yes. The "Git" nterop module is available in ET. You can use-it in a test to close a repository or push commit.

Denis

Jc Vacher

Feb 13, 2017, 7:55:28 AM2/13/17
to Extensive Testing Users
Hello

I have a question about test versioning: all tests are saved in archive (<=> binary). but behind this archive it's an xml.
It may be interesting to add an option to not do this zip  ? and to store the tests in xml format (with this, it may be easier to compare version of tests)

regards

JC

Denis MACHARD

Feb 18, 2017, 5:27:08 AM2/18/17
to Extensive Testing Users
Hi,

I will try to add this feature as an option.
But I must keep the zip / xml format by default.

Denis

Denis MACHARD

Apr 2, 2018, 3:16:49 AM4/2/18
to Extensive Testing Users
Hi,

For your information, the next major version 19.0.0 will come with files format in xml (in clear) by default.

Denis