SikuliX screenshot on FAILED step not recieved

Laco Vizváry

Nov 30, 2015, 9:28:08 AM11/30/15
to Extensive Testing Users
Hi Denis,

SikuliX did not find expected image (expected behaviour) , but log of test execution does not contain event SCREENSHOT. I tried also adapter action doTakeScreenshot but I was not succesfull.

Debug logs attached.

BR.

eLVe
MH17.rar

Denis MACHARD

Nov 30, 2015, 3:27:01 PM11/30/15
to Laco Vizváry, Extensive Testing Users
Hi,

Can you show me the test result events logs and an overview of the test script also please ?

Denis

Laco Vizváry

Dec 2, 2015, 7:54:03 AM12/2/15
to Extensive Testing Users
Hi Denis.

Hope the attachment will help.

elVe

RETEST.ZIP

Denis MACHARD

Dec 2, 2015, 4:23:47 PM12/2/15
to Laco Vizváry, Extensive Testing Users
Hi,

I will checking logs provided this week end (no access to a xtc server right now)

BR
Denis

Denis MACHARD

Dec 2, 2015, 4:29:58 PM12/2/15
to Laco Vizváry, Extensive Testing Users
Just one thing, according to the toolbox, the toolbox failed to upload the screenshot because of the following timeout connection

TimeoutError: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

We need to investigate more

Denis MACHARD

Dec 6, 2015, 6:49:01 AM12/6/15
to Extensive Testing Users, elve...@gmail.com
Hi,

After more investigation; I found something.

1 - First issue -  "No more event SCREENSHOT".  it is a regression on toolbox side because of the code factory of the latest release 7.0.0
The issue is fixed and reported on the next released of the toolbox. Thanks for your help regarding this bug :)

2- You have also another issue when the toolbox try to upload the screenshot throught the web service (to put it in the archive area) because screenshots should be also available on the test archives, like bellow

This step failed on your side with the following error: TimeoutError: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

Can you try to make a change in the file settings.ini
Locate the key "port-xmlrpc" = 443 and update this key with the value 4434 ?

Br,
Denis

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 1:54 PM, Laco Vizváry <elve...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Denis.

Hope the attachment will help.

elVe

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Laco Vizváry

Dec 8, 2015, 4:17:19 AM12/8/15
to Extensive Testing Users, elve...@gmail.com
Hi Denis,

I've changed the port in settings.ini file (agent side) according to your advice and screenshots are succcesfully uploaded to server. Now I am able to download and save the screenshot via Client.
Feature nice to have > line record inside log report with screenshot preview.

Thank You very much!

eLVe

Jc Vacher

Aug 29, 2017, 5:46:17 AM8/29/17
to Extensive Testing Users, elve...@gmail.com
Hello

Since I use the version 12.0.0 of the toolbox, I see that screenshot failed (after a sikulix test fail, and if I call the self.ADP_GUI.doTakeScreenshot(timeout=10.0) in my test)
In the test result, I see a return of SCREENSHOT with a length = 0

I have a server 17.0.0 , and a client 17.0.0
NB:on the PC where there is still a toolbox in version 11.1.0, I have no problem, the screenshots  are still OK

Can it be a regression with the version 12.0.0, like it was with version 7.0.0?

I found no error in the logs... (activated in DEBUG in the toolbox settings.ini file)

regards
systray.zip

Denis MACHARD

Aug 29, 2017, 6:13:33 AM8/29/17
to Jc Vacher, Extensive Testing Users
Hi
 I will take a look.
Thanks for report

Denis
--
If you like this project and you want to sponsor me then I am accepting donations :) via PayPal. The money received will be used to cover web site costs, domain name reservation and more;).
---