Two Solr schemas

Michael Levy

May 3, 2010, 5:13:59 PM5/3/10
to The eXtensible Catalog
I'm just getting started with XC. I have the Drupal modules installed
and MST seems to mostly be working. At the moment I'm playing in
Windows (soon will move to Linux); the examples below will show where
things are in XAMPP.

I note two completely different Solr schema.xml files. Which one
should I use?

C:\xampp\htdocs\drupal\sites\all\modules\xc\xc_solr\resources
\schema.xml
(there are also schema-4-1.2.xml, schema-4-1.3.xml, schema-4-1.4.xml,
and schema-4-nightly.xml)

And also in the MST there's a completely different solr.

C:\xampp\tomcat\MST-instances\MetadataServicesToolkit\solr\conf

Can anyone clarify the two? Thanks.

Király Péter

May 3, 2010, 5:38:18 PM5/3/10
to extensibl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

MST and Drupal Toolkit use two different Solr instances. You should setup
two Solr in order to play with both MST and Drupal Toolkit. During the
development of Drupal Toolkit there were changes in the actually current
Solr versions, form 1.2 we get to 1.4. If you just donwloaded Solr, use the
schema.xml. The other schemas have only historical importance, I guess, we
will delete them in the final 1.0 release.

Péter
Drupal Toolkit developer