Importing OAI records via XC and OAI Harvesting...

phil

Jan 28, 2010, 4:01:19 PM1/28/10
to The eXtensible Catalog, ph...@cryer.us
So I can get XC to get records from an OAI provider, and I set it to
store in 'all' which is SQL database and Solr. When the import
happens, we see Solr working on something, but that's it, we cannot
view the records at all. Clearly we harvested records here:

results: 205 records were harvested, the type of lauch was manual, id
of laucher was 1, total time: 4.96, validate verb: 0.00, validate url:
0.00, args time: 0.00, curl init: 0.00, request time: 4.74, response
time: 4.70, dom time: 0.04, foreach time: 0.01, response: 4.70

I've added UIs from XC -> Browsing -> add UI - but I cannot get any
results regardless of how I set this. Searching via search, and then
XC search never reveals anything either...

What am I missing?

Thanks

Phil

Király Péter

Feb 2, 2010, 9:12:16 AM2/2/10
to extensibl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

could you send me the harvested repository's URL to reproduce the
steps?

Thanks,
P�ter

Thom Cox

Feb 2, 2010, 9:30:55 AM2/2/10
to extensibl...@googlegroups.com
I'd be very interested in following the progress of this as well.

Thanks

Thom Cox

On Feb 2, 2010, at 9:12 AM, Király Péter wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> could you send me the harvested repository's URL to reproduce the
> steps?
>
> Thanks,

> Péter

Phil Cryer

Feb 3, 2010, 4:28:21 PM2/3/10
to extensibl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Péter, the OAI repostory is:
http://pensoftonline.net/zookeys/index.php/journal/oai

Please let me know what else you need to look at this, for now I will
look at your xc oai harvester module.

Regards

Phil

--
http://philcryer.com

Király Péter

Feb 3, 2010, 6:55:07 PM2/3/10
to extensibl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

Thanks for the OAI repository. I've tested it, and found a bug in
DT, which prevented the proper Solr indexing. I fixed it, and I'll
commited in the end of week.
The search problem is another issue. In the search there is a built-in
parameter, which is a kind of whitelist about what kind of records
should be found. This list focused on the XC schema, and doesn't
care about other metadata schema records. I've changed it to prevent
search in some types of XC schema records, but allow searching
any other types.
And there is another problem: currently there is no templates and
facet definitions for DC records.

Regards,
P�ter

2010/2/2 Kir�ly P�ter <pki...@tesuji.eu>:

> Hi Phil,
>
> could you send me the harvested repository's URL to reproduce the
> steps?
>
> Thanks,

> P�ter

berken

Feb 23, 2010, 4:17:38 PM2/23/10
to The eXtensible Catalog
Hello -

We have a similar problem here.
We try to harvest marcxml records from our repository (see baseURL
below)
The OAI interface should retrieve 50 records at a time but after the
first set of records, I get an error message and the harvesting stops.

An internal error occurred while executing the harvest: For input
string: ""

Please find the end of the log below:

23 Feb 2010 22:08:01,205 INFO [Thread-17] - The OAI request is
http://dial.academielouvain.be:8080/proai/?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=marcxml&set=active
23 Feb 2010 22:08:05,031 ERROR [Thread-17] - An internal error
occurred while executing the harvest: For input string: ""
23 Feb 2010 22:08:05,083 INFO [Thread-17] - Indexed 50 records so
far. Finished commiting to index. Time taken = 0hrs 0mins 3sec
878ms
23 Feb 2010 22:08:05,083 INFO [Thread-17] - Total time taken for
harvest = 0hrs 0mins 3sec 878ms

Have you an idea ?
Thank you.
Benoit