Iterative testing of harvests/custom MST services

David Kennedy

Mar 17, 2010, 5:11:19 PM3/17/10
to extensibl...@googlegroups.com
[slightly different topic than a recent post by hyodoken, so I started a new thread]

I am writing a MST service, and would like to be able to test it iteratively.  The OAI-PMH source I am using is static, and once harvested, subsequent harvests are all incremental, and don't bring in any new or updated records.  The MST services seem only to execute as a result of harvests (based upon processing rules).

I would like to be either force a full harvest of a OAI-PMH data source, or (ideally) be able to force execution of a MST service.

I have tried removing repositories, but I often get errors when doing so, and it doesn't remove cleanly.

How do others deal with this when developing and testing MST services?

Thanks
Dave

-----
David Kennedy
Perkins Library, Duke University
(919) 613-6831
david....@duke.edu

Ranganathan, Sharmila

Mar 18, 2010, 10:42:10 AM3/18/10
to extensibl...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dave,

You can test the service by deleting the service which will delete the service, records processed by service and processing rules associated with that service. There is a ‘delete’ button in List Services page. When you delete the service, it will mark the service as deleted but will take few minutes(depends on the size of index) to delete the records processed by that service. Once the records are deleted, the service will be deleted completely and you will not be able to see the records in browse records page. After that you can continue your testing by adding the service again and setting up the processing rules. Adding a processing rule will trigger processing of harvested records through service.

Sharmila