Browse function in Drupal Toolkit

dlovins

Feb 3, 2010, 9:58:26 AM2/3/10
to The eXtensible Catalog
Hi all.

I'm experimenting with stuff and wanted to ask if there's any specific
documentation or example sites on how to set up UI Definitions,
Content Panes, and Form Elements in the Drupal Toolkit.

Thanks!

Király Péter

Feb 3, 2010, 4:19:24 PM2/3/10
to extensibl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

Currently there is no proper documentation. David Lindahl has a screencast
presentation.
http://www.screencast.com/users/eXtensibleCatalog
On the second part there is some information about the settings, but I guess
it is not enough to create your own stuff.
In the downloadable package there is a complex example of a browse
page with four content panes: the Drupal path is xc_browse/dvd.
The settings of this page is available here:
eXtensible Catalog (XC) > Browsing > view (xc/browse/1)

I will write a more elaborated documentation about this in the next
week, but for now it is a short guidance:
Browse UI definition: this is the outermost part of the definition, this is
the page. Every page should have a content pane. If you have more
content pane, they are listed as tabs on the page. Each content pane
can have two parts: a form, and one or more navigation lists.
The form contains form elements: text fields, selection, radios, checkboxes.
Some of these can be prepopulated by values from Solr, or you can
add your own values.

The hard part is the content of 'The facet which populates the element'
field, because it has an own (still) undocumented syntax:

1) values:=All|videocassette=VHS ONLY|videodisc=DVD ONLY
means, that you set the values by hand. You should have a key=value
pairs separated by '|' character. (The fist key is empty, it means, that the
search won't filter by this field).

2) facet:creator_author
means, that you will list the values of the creator_author facet.

When I created this module I concentrated on the functionality, i.e.
how the module can build the UI from the user entered value, and
didn't take up the question of the usability of admin UI. This will be
a next task. In the next week I will add three more example into
the code.

If you (or any of the list members) need more guidance, I can help
you in Skype. My skype name is kirunews.

Regards,
P�ter