XC KOHA and DRUPAL

stefan

Jun 25, 2009, 2:53:55 PM6/25/09
to The eXtensible Catalog
Dear Group,

your project is very eXCiting!

I'm trying to implement KOHA in to the XC Drupal modul via OAI-PMH
(KOHAs OAI is still in Beta). My error message is as follows:

* recoverable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to
OaiPmh_Dom::_getDomElementAttributes() must be an instance of
DOMElement, null given, called in /var/www/web1/html/modules/xc/
oaiharvester/omeka/lib/OaiPmh/Dom.php on line 112 and defined in /var/
www/web1/html/modules/xc/oaiharvester/omeka/lib/OaiPmh/Dom.php on line
147.
* warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/web1/
html/modules/xc/oaiharvester/omeka/lib/OaiPmh/Dom.php on line 150.
* Caught exception when retrieving Identify: OAI-PMH parser error:
Could not validate or open provided URL.
* Caught exception when retrieving ListMetadataFormats: OAI-PMH parser
error: Could not validate or open provided URL.
* Caught exception when retrieving ListSets: OAI-PMH parser error:
Could not validate or open provided URL.

Could someone help me out here?

Do you have experience with other repository software (Eprints,
Dspace...) and implementing into XC Drupal Modul?

Thank's in advance,

Stefan

Peter Kiraly

Jun 25, 2009, 5:05:45 PM6/25/09
to extensibl...@googlegroups.com, herrk...@gmx.ch
Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your interest in the XC project and the Drupal
Toolkit. Please visit the Drupal Toolkit project page
at http://drupal.org/project/xc to post issues, such as this,
or find more information about the Drupal Toolkit development.

Drupal Toolkit is in a very early stage and some aspects of the
software may just not work yet. We are in such an early phase
that as I know you are the first person, who tried it outside
of the developer team, so we congratulate you as the first user
of the toolkit!

Your problem may be solved by downloading the most up-to-date
development snapshot release from the project page or by
checking out from the Drupal CVS repository. If the problem still
exists, you should create an issue for this.

Can you tell me which version is what you have tried? There are
two versions downloadable from the http://drupal.org/projects/xc,
a very early alpha release (6.x-1.0-alpha1), and the nightly
development snapshot (6.x-1.x-dev), and of coure you can
download the up-to-date version from the CVS.

If using the development snapshot, please let us know what date you
downloaded it. Again, note that many problems may be solved by just
upgrading to the latest development snapshot.

Can you tell me an URL you tried to harvest (if it is public)?
We would like to reproduce the error messages you sent.

Are there any other OAI data providers you tried to harvest?

Could you please tell us some words about yourself and your
project? How did you find Drupal Toolkit - I am curious since
it was not propagated, and haven't officially released.

Regards,

Király Péter
one of the developer of Drupal Toolkit

stefan

Jun 26, 2009, 3:17:49 PM6/26/09
to The eXtensible Catalog
Dear Péter
Many thank’s for your reply.
Yes, I’ll post future requests at http://drupal.org/project/xc

We (a couple of small and mid-sized libraries) are looking for a
solution for a collaborative reference database from such different
sources as Aleph, VTLS, CDSInvenio or Koha down to small MS Access
dbs. We are in a very early evaluation phase. OpenURL, OAI-PMH and WEB
2.0 facilities are quite important, so XC and Drupal seems to fit all
our needs.
I’ve reinstalled the latest dev version today. When I try to harvest
from different OAI reps (let’s say: http://www.alexandria.unisg.ch/EXPORT/OAI/server.oai)
I get the following error message:

to undefined method OaiPmh::getstatistics() in <b>/var/www/web1/html/
modules/xc/oaiharvester/oaiharvester.module</b> on line <b>2385</
b><br /> »

I’ll send you the Koha URL in a different mail since I’ve set up Koha
3.0 only for testing purposes and imported therefore about 8000 MARC21
records.

I’m following the XC project for a while now and the Drupal kit sounds
very promising (thank you for all the work!). Is there a z39.50
integration planned?

Best regards, Stefan

On Jun 25, 11:05 pm, "Peter Kiraly" <pkir...@tesuji.eu> wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Thank you for your interest in the XC project and the Drupal
> Toolkit. Please visit the Drupal Toolkit project page
> athttp://drupal.org/project/xcto post issues, such as this,
> or find more information about the Drupal Toolkit development.
>
> Drupal Toolkit is in a very early stage and some aspects of the
> software may just not work yet. We are in such an early phase
> that as I know you are the first person, who tried it outside
> of the developer team, so we congratulate you as the first user
> of the toolkit!
>
> Your problem may be solved by downloading the most up-to-date
> development snapshot release from the project page or by
> checking out from the Drupal CVS repository. If the problem still
> exists, you should create an issue for this.
>
> Can you tell me which version is what you have tried? There are
> two versions downloadable from thehttp://drupal.org/projects/xc,

Peter Kiraly

Jun 26, 2009, 4:44:16 PM6/26/09
to extensibl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefan,

sorry for the error, this is my fault. Yesterday I started working on
a feature, and I haven't commited everything. Today I'll finish this
modification, and on moday you can try it. The packaging script
at drupal.org runs in 12 hours, so if I finish today, it will be
downloadable only tomorrow.

I tried the url you mention (alexandria.unisg.ch). Only the
journal_paper set, what I tried, but it was harvested without errors.
So let me ask your patient untill monday.

Thank you for your words about the project. It is quite interesting.
I am curious that can be build a semantically uniform catalog from
different repositories, given the possible local cataloging practice.
I will ask you later about this if you don't mind.

Thanks, gain!

Péter