MST instant execution

1 view

hyodoken

Mar 3, 2010, 2:56:44 AM3/3/10
to The eXtensible Catalog, sysw...@lib.kyushu-u.ac.jp
We are testing each service of MST and have two quetions about
efficient test process.

1.
Can MST execute each service immediately instead of schedule setting?
Adding scedule make us wait for execution at least in a minue
but we don't like waitng because this is just a test.

2.
Dose MST have "undo" function of each service?
Sometimes we want to reset the results of each service in order to
test again.

Please give us advice.

Ranganathan, Sharmila

Mar 3, 2010, 9:30:30 AM3/3/10
to The eXtensible Catalog, sysw...@lib.kyushu-u.ac.jp
Thanks for using MST and its services.

Answer for your questions
1. The schedule is only for harvesting records from other repository.
After a service is added to MST, you will have to setup the rule stating
which repositories records should be processed by which service. As soon
as the rule is added, the records are processed through the service.
Service does not wait, if there are records available to process then it
will start processing them. Only the harvest of records from other
repository waits for the scheduled time to being harvesting. There is
currently no option to harvest immediately. But you can schedule to
harvest the next minute.

2. There is no undo for service. There is option to delete the service
which will delete all the records processed by the service.

- Sharmila
XC team

Please give us advice.