Multiple audio outputs, Windows 10

Hans Van der Ougstraete

Dec 19, 2021, 11:45:31 AM12/19/21
to Extempore
Hi All,

I am struggling to use more than 2 audio outputs on my usb rme ucx card.
When using ".\extempore.exe --print-devices" it seems that every pair (1+2, 3+4, 5+6,...) on the sound card is a different device with 2 channels. It show 'DirectSound' and 'WDM' drivers.

I tried the --channel 8 option, that did not do the trick. I can select an other device (eg: Analog 3+4) as output when starting Extempore, but then I can only use those two channels. What ever device I select, I seem to be limited to 2 channels.

The extempore.exe I use was downloaded automatically within VScode (last year?)

In my daw I use Asio to address the multiple inputs and outputs.

Can I enable Asio with Extempore?
Any tips to setup multiple outputs for a usb soundcard in Extempore on windows 10?

Many thanks
Hans