win32 build

Andrew Sorensen

Aug 4, 2017, 12:50:31 AM8/4/17
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
I've just pushed up a new win32 build - only tested on win10 but hopefully works on win7/8 ??  This is not a *release* as such, just a recent build from HEAD.

FYI it's around 80M.

Let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Andrew Sorensen

Aug 4, 2017, 3:16:25 AM8/4/17
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Sorry all, forgot something :(

Update here:

Cheers,
Andrew.

Circu Virtu

Aug 4, 2017, 9:47:54 AM8/4/17
to Extempore
Great to have a new Windows build.
Works perfect so far on my Win7 64.
Tnx a lot Andrew.
Now I have the chance to take a closer look at the new instrument stuff.

Roberto Arletti

Aug 4, 2017, 12:29:47 PM8/4/17
to Extempore
Me too works good with win 7 professional , included the playp function.

A little thing , in the examples\core\fmsynth , in the "define l1"  I removed the comment  ; 0.1 10.0) because it gave a parenthesis error (with Atom editor)

Jason Levine

Aug 8, 2017, 11:32:28 AM8/8/17
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Got it running on my shiny new Razer Blade. psyched!

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 9:29 AM, Roberto Arletti <chab...@gmail.com> wrote:
Me too works good with win 7 professional , included the playp function.

A little thing , in the examples\core\fmsynth , in the "define l1"  I removed the comment  ; 0.1 10.0) because it gave a parenthesis error (with Atom editor)

Jason Levine
new media performer + creative coder

Robert Johnson

Oct 15, 2017, 10:09:41 AM10/15/17
to Extempore
This build works on windows 10 64.

How did you build extempore fro windows? Specifically what setup of software did you use to build it ? Did you install the windows 10 sdk along with Visual Studio ?

Any information you can give me would gladly be appreciated.

Bob

Ben Swift

Oct 15, 2017, 5:28:39 PM10/15/17
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob

Extempore is tested on Windows 10 with Visual Studio Community 2015, but
it should work with OS back to Win7 and newer (but probably not older)
VS installs.

Have a look in the docs/install.rst file (including the
"Platform-specific notes > Windows" section) for more info.

Re: 32-bit Windows (is that what you're wondering about) then it's not
Windows-specific, but Extempore is *currently* 64-bit only. However, Nic
is currently doing some work on an ARM port which should result in
32-bit builds all around (no specific timeline on this, though).

Cheers,
Ben

Robert Johnson

Oct 16, 2017, 9:48:32 AM10/16/17
to Extempore
Thanks Ben for the information. The reason why I asked about windows 10 builds is because when I attempt a Win64 build of extempore it fails. I think it may be failing on the llvm build but I will need to do some further investigation to tell you exactly where the build stops.

Right now I'm heading out of the US on vacation so I will have to check the build errors when I return.

Thanks again for your help.

Bob