XTLang vs Modular

Andrew Sorensen

Oct 20, 2017, 3:15:23 AM10/20/17
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
I thought some of you might find this interesting.

A short sound example of a very basic VCO -> VCF -> OUT

The significance of the example is that XTLang VCO->VCF is on the left channel and my (analogue) Modular VCO->VCF is on the right channel.  The stereo recording was made real-time with my 'gestures' (i.e. modulation signal) sent to both XTLang and the Modular simultaneously.  XTLang was running a buffer size of 32 to keep latency to an absolute minimum.

I'm planning to do a series of tutorials on XTLang interfacing with the Modular, and indeed with a whole host of other bits of gear in my studio.

Cian

Oct 20, 2017, 8:35:44 AM10/20/17
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Very cool.

When I've got more to grips with XTLang, I'm going to port some ZDF
Analog modelled filter designs that I have. There's a Moog ladder,
Korg and a couple of others. They sound very analog, particularly if
over sampled.

Jason Levine

Oct 21, 2017, 1:48:55 PM10/21/17
to extemp...@googlegroups.com
Love it, especially the screeching at the end 🤘🏼. Looking forward to the tutorials.

geor...@bigpond.net.au

Aug 31, 2021, 6:07:55 PM8/31/21
to Extempore
Andrew
Loved the sounds on soundcloud.
Couldn't find vco or vcf in the extempore files.
I'd like to be able to make these noises just using extempore alone. Is that possible?
You mentioned an upcoming tutorial. Did that happen?
Regards
George