setup STS with extdirectspring

ryan_the

Dec 22, 2014, 6:34:14 PM12/22/14
to extdire...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ralph,

i'm new in spring and also extdirectspring but would like to taste your library

i had download STS 3.6.3 latest by time i wrote this.

i had download your example eds-starter-simple-master and i found error

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: com.googlecode.jslint4java:jslint4java-maven-plugin:2.0.5:lint (execution: lint, phase: process-resources)

i had try to change jdk to 1.6 as your requirement but fail. your advise is valueable thx

Ralph Schaer

Dec 22, 2014, 10:35:55 PM12/22/14
to extdire...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Make sure that eclipse runs with a jdk not with a jre.
You can specify that in the STS.ini. Add two lines that look like this
-vm
D:/jdk8/jre/bin/server/jvm.dll

Then right click on the error "Plugin execution not ...." and select "Quick Fix".
First you should select "Discover new m2e connectors". This helps you to install missing m2e connectors. If this does not find any connectors and the error still exists, right click on the error and select "Quick Fix" again.
Now choose either "Permanently mark goal...." or "Mark goal run ....". The first option adds a section to the pom.xml and the second option adds a entry in an eclipse setting. I like the second option because it does not change my pom.xml

The project eds-starter-simple needs jdk 1.8 and not 1.6.

Hope these tips helps. Merry Christmas

Regards
Ralph

ryan_the

Dec 23, 2014, 12:21:42 AM12/23/14
to extdire...@googlegroups.com
new error come out
You need to run build with JDK or have tools.jar on the classpath.If this occures during eclipse build make sure you run eclipse under JDK as well (com.mysema.maven:apt-maven-plugin:1.1.2:process:modelgen:generate-sources)

ryan_the

Dec 23, 2014, 12:23:19 AM12/23/14
to extdire...@googlegroups.com
here my STS.ini

-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20140415-2008.jar
--launcher.library
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.1.200.v20140603-1326
-product
org.springsource.sts.ide
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256M
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.6
-Xms40m
-Xmx768m
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.IEVersion=10001
-vm
C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_25/jre/bin/server/jvm.dll

Ralph Schaer

Dec 23, 2014, 12:23:35 AM12/23/14
to extdire...@googlegroups.com
That is the one i mentioned in the first section of my response.
Make sure that eclipse runs with a jdk and not with a jre.

Ralph Schaer

Dec 23, 2014, 12:25:31 AM12/23/14
to extdire...@googlegroups.com
Looks good. But eclipse tells you that it does not run with a jdk.
So there must be something wrong here but I don't spot the error.

Ralph Schaer

Dec 23, 2014, 12:28:28 AM12/23/14
to extdire...@googlegroups.com
Maybe you also have to set up the jdk in the installed jre section of the configuration

ryan_the

Dec 23, 2014, 12:45:44 AM12/23/14
to extdire...@googlegroups.com
sorry,

is it compatible with jdk 64 bit ?

i had follow your advise

On Tuesday, 23 December 2014 12:28:28 UTC+7, ralph wrote:
Maybe you aalso have to set up the jdk in the installed jre section of the configuration

Ralph Schaer

Dec 23, 2014, 12:48:09 AM12/23/14
to extdire...@googlegroups.com
Not sure but I guess it depends which sts version you downloaded. There is a 32- and 64-bit version.

ryan_the

Jan 1, 2015, 10:10:00 AM1/1/15
to extdire...@googlegroups.com
Well done, thank you Ralph