New website/ Publication/ Neurodebian

Florian Krause

May 27, 2014, 5:03:09 AM5/27/14
to expyr...@googlegroups.com
Dear Expyriment users,

we are very happy to notice that the number of Expyriment users is constantly growing. Today we want to announce the new design of our website (http://www.expyriment.org/) as well as the long-expected publication of the Expyriment BRM paper (http://dx.doi.org/10.3758/s13428-013-0390-6).

Moreover, for all Ubuntu/Debian users we now provide a Debian package of Expyriment (called 'python-expyriment'). This package is for instance available via Neurodebian (http://neurodebian.ovgu.de/), an amazing collection of neuroscience research software for Debian-based systems. We therefore suggest all Ubuntu/Debian users to uninstall their current version and install 'python-expyriment' via this repository (see http://bit.ly/expy-nd). Your Expyriment installation will then be automatically updated by your package management system, if a new version is available. (Again, a very strong argument for everybody to switch to Linux ;-) ). Unstable experimental nightly builds of Expyriment can be found on Launchpad (http://bit.ly/expy-ppa-nightly).

We are currently working on Expyriment 0.7.1, which is expected to come out during the next weeks, as well as on the new release and a better documentation of the Expyriment Runtime for Android. The development of Expyriment heavily depends on user feedback. Please report bugs and issues you detect via our bug tracking system (https://github.com/expyriment/expyriment/issues) or post questions and comments to the mailing list (http://bit.ly/xpygroup).

Best,
Oliver & Florian