blitting a Picture on the screen at a given position.

Christophe Pallier

Mar 5, 2021, 2:36:40 AM3/5/21
to expyriment-users
Dear all,

To blit a Picture at coordinates (x, y) on a screen, I first crate a canvas with location (x,y), blit the picture on the canvas, and then blit the canvas on the screen (see the (kind of ugly) code at https://github.com/chrplr/PCBS/blob/master/expyriment/cards/cards.py)

I guess I am not doing it right and there might be a more direct way of blitting a picture than going through a canvas (?)

Florian Krause

Mar 5, 2021, 6:44:40 AM3/5/21
to expyrime...@googlegroups.com
Dear Christophe,

every visual stimulus takes the "position" argument, so also the Picture stimulus itself. Hence, there is no need for first plotting on a canvas.

Best,
Florian

www.fladd.de - Homepage of Florian Krause

Christophe Pallier

Mar 5, 2021, 7:27:28 AM3/5/21
to expyrime...@googlegroups.com
Oh! I feel silly.
Well, it gives me the opportunity to thank you again for expyriment!

--
Christophe Pallier (http://www.pallier.org)
INSERM Cognitive Neuroimaging Lab (http://www.unicog.org)

Florian Krause

Mar 5, 2021, 10:30:06 AM3/5/21
to expyrime...@googlegroups.com
Well, it is  a good reminder for us to include a section in the documentation that states which methods are shared amongst all visual stimuli :-)