When they try to manipulate "If you really cared, you'd..." (Self-care)

Expressow.com

Jun 28, 2024, 12:00:13 PM (2 days ago) Jun 28
to expr...@googlegroups.com

We're all familiar with the feeling of being caught off guard by someone trying to manipulate us with words. Specifically, when they say "If you really cared, you'd..." - it can be draining and leave us questioning our own motivations. What are some strategies you've found to effectively handle these types of conversations and protect your emotional well-being? - A great response, as suggested by expressow.com, is:

Say: I understand you're upset, but I don't think it's fair to assume I don't care just because I'm not willing to do X. Let's talk about what you can do to address this issue.

Read more on expressow.com

Discover more insights by visiting this article on expressow.com - or discover more about Self-care.

We would love to hear your thoughts and any other strategies you use to handle similar situations better. Feel free to share your opinions!