Susan Powell, Austin area Workshop February - details

Nick B

Jan 14, 2019, 9:58:34 AM1/14/19
to Psychodrama and Expressive Art Therapies of Texas
CENTERWOOD PSYCHODRAMA WORKSHOP
For Personal and Professional Growth
Austin, Texas
February 1-3, 2019 - 3 Days
9-5 Friday & Saturday, 9-3 Sunday

Psychodrama is an experiential action method of psychotherapy that allows participants to find their lost spontaneity by discovering the underlying messages acquired from life experience and re-thinking and re-feeling them. The purpose is to get free from the things that constrain our energy and keep us from living our lives as fully and richly as possible. In the process of doing psychodrama, we often find connection with other people at a level we missed having in our families that is very healing. Action methods are as powerful as you make them creating a safe way to heal the past, revitalize your own life and envision the future.

Join this workshop to:
     ~ Resolve inner conflicts
     ~ Heal grief or loss of a loved one
     ~ Let go of limiting behavior patterns
     ~ Increase self-love and strengthen acceptance
     ~ Release feelings of depression and anxiety
     ~ Build healthy and nurturing relationships
     ~ Explore and integrate life transitions
     ~ Discover creativity and spontaneity
     ~ Clarify life path dreams and goals

Psychodrama Training Workshops are didactic and experiential in teaching the theoretical and practical understanding of the methods of Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy.  The techniques learned can be used as an action method with groups, families, couples, and in individual therapy.  Training workshops provide a safe and supportive environment in which to experience the various parts of a psychodrama enactment while learning about overall group process.

Who attends Psychodrama Workshops:
  Practicing professionals, students, and anyone interested in the areas of mental health, social work services, counseling, chemical dependency recovery and intervention, nursing, occupational therapy, creative arts therapy, pastoral counseling, life coaching, lawyers, or any other helping profession all attend psychodrama training workshops.  Many who attend want to expand their professional methods knowledge for their specialty area and do not intend on becoming certified in Psychodrama.

Presenter:  Susan Powell, OTR, TEP, has practiced as a therapist in the field of mental health for over thirty years and is a Trainer, Educator, Practitioner in Psychodrama, Sociometry, and Group Psychotherapy.

CEUs:  3-Day professional training will earn 21 CEUs.

The training hours may be counted towards the Clinical Practitioner in Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy certification by the American Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry, and Group Psychotherapy. Continuing Education Hours are approved by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors in rule 681.142(3) with this provider’s Certification at a Trainer by the American Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry, and Group Psychotherapy and by the Texas Department of State Health Services for Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselors in rule 140.148 (b)(1).

Tuition:
  $450
For Registration or Questions:  Please contact Susan at 512-576-1906 or sdpowell22@gmail.com

Printable flyer attached