PhD Candidate for Behavourial/Experimental Finance (0.8 - 1.0 FTE)
Nijmegen School of Management
Vacancy number: 27.19.16
Application deadline: 15 January 2017
The Chair Group of Finance at Radboud University’s Nijmegen School of Management is currently seeking applicants for a 4-year PhD position.
The position comprises research in the area of behavioural finance - in particular, experiments in individual investment decisions - and a small teaching load.
The Chair Group of Finance in the Department of Economics consists of several professors and PhD students who mainly conduct research in behavioural/experimental finance and (financial) decision making. The department and Chair have regular research seminars and meetings in the relevant topics, and they are very well connected to the field of behavioural/experimental finance world-wide.
The Nijmegen School of Management (NSM) is an academic centre of research and higher learning, focusing on institutional and managerial issues within complex organisations in both the public and private domain. The NSM strives for a multidisciplinary approach whenever possible.
What we expect from you
- a Master’s degree in economics, business administration, finance, psychology, mathematics, econometrics or a related field;
- good knowledge and/or a very strong interest in relevant research areas: behavioural/experimental finance, financial decision making, investment decisions;
- excellent English skills;
- a solid knowledge of statistics;
- very high motivation;
- programming skills are beneficial.
What we have to offer
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE;
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- the gross starting salary amounts to €2,191 per month, and will increase to €2,801 in the fourth year;
- you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years;
- you will be classified as a PhD Candidate (promovendus) in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO).
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions
Are you interested?
You should upload your application (attn. of Prof. dr. Stefan Zeisberger) exclusively using the button 'Apply' below. Your application should include (and be limited to) the following attachment(s):
CV including certificates of graduation and/or employment, where applicable
Transcript of grades and reference letter(s) and if available: relevant working papers / thesis