Vacancies at the VU Amsterdam: assistant/associate professors in finance

Utz Weitzel

Nov 21, 2019, 5:18:47 AM11/21/19
to SEF Forum
Closing date for applications: November 22, 2019 (EEA) and December 05, 2019 (ASSA)

We invite applicants from *all* areas of finance (including behavioral and experimental finance). The Finance department at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam seeks applicants at the junior or senior levels to contribute to the group's ambition for excellence in research and teaching. Successful candidates hold a Ph.D. degree or are close to completion and have a high potential in terms of academic research and teaching. For applicants at senior levels, we require a demonstrated track record of high quality publications in peer reviewed top journals in combination with stellar teaching evaluations at all levels.

The position of Assistant Professor is typically a tenure track position with initial appointment for 6 years and possibility of tenure. Applications of more senior staff for tenured positions is also welcome. The starting date is flexible, but would normally be September 1, 2020. The salary is competitive within Europe and will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and depending on experience. Favorable tax conditions might apply for non-Dutch applicants. Research support is generous with ample opportunity to extend. The teaching load is moderately low and in English only. You can find information about our fringe benefits of employment at www.workingatvu.nl.

Application Procedure And Further Information: Applicants should provide a CV, recent research publications and/or working papers, and at least two letters of reference. We will be interviewing candidates at the EEA meeting in Rotterdam and the AEA/AFA meeting in San Diego.

For additional information, please contact Norman Seeger (n.j.seeger@vu.nl) and see the full vacancy text for EEA and ASSA (links below).

More about the VU Finance Department: http://www.sbe.vu.nl/finance
VU Finance is part of the Tinbergen Institute: http://www.tinbergen.nl