Exet update pushed: v0.93

Viresh Ratnakar

Jun 17, 2024, 4:53:22 AMJun 17
to Exolve-Exet-Etc
Version: Exet v0.93, June 17, 2024

  • This version mainly reorganizes the wordplay tabs a bit, adding some new functionality.
  • Anagram displays now use a common scheme (implemented in ExetLexicon.displayAnagrams()):
    • Single-letter parts and longer parts that are present intact as substrings in the fodder are coloured green.
    • Parts are annotated with * (anagram) or << (reversal) or nothing, based upon how they appear in the fodder.
    • Enclosing parenthesis are used when needed.
  • We add Containments to the Anagrams tab (renaming it as Anagrams/()). Earlier, containments were buried in the Charades tab, but this promotion now recognizes their higher status.
  • We add "Anagrammed deletions" to the Charades tab (renaming it as Charades/-).
    • These are wordplays of the form *(A - B*). This includes the special case of forming an anagram with one extra letter than the given fodder.
    • Anagrammed deletions are shown together, above charades, in the same table. You can easily scroll past them if needed.
    • Anagrammed deletions are implemented using ExetLexicon.getSupersetAnagrams(). Similar to getSubsetAnagrams(), this implementaion also uses "salient letter keys" to identify candidates.
    • In charades, we try to not show anagrams/containments that are already shown in the Anagrams/() tab.
  • Add gray border to the Charades/- tab rows, to make them easier to read, especially for rows that wrap over.
  • Add "press escape to restore" to the Anagrams tab's fodder input area too. Simplify the presentation of composite anagrams.