Exolve update pushed: v1.58

Viresh Ratnakar

Jul 10, 2024, 3:32:50 AM (7 days ago) Jul 10
to Exolve-Exet-Etc
Version: Exolve v1.58: July 10, 2024

  • Several changes to printing and printing options. Add a prominent menu in the print settings that lets you print:
    • Grid and clues
    • Only grid
    • Only clues My motivation is to create PDFs that I can stitch together to create a book of crosswords, but hopefully others will find other uses as well.
  • A couple of printing options go away. I do not think anyone used them: printing a page-break agter the grid (never really wored on most platforms), and printing the preamble below the grid.
  • The "Inksaver" printing option moves up to go to the top line in the printing panel.
  • Instead of specifying just a single common margin, you can now specify four numbers (all in inches), for the top/right/bottom/left margins, respectively. You can also specify just 1 or 2 or 3 numbers (missing values will be copied from their symmetric counterparts, and if that's missing too, then from the last available value).
  • Add options to selectively exclude any of these elements from printing: title, setter, preamble, explanations, copyright, questions.
  • Add textarea inputs to allow specifying a header and/or a footer. These can be arbitrary HTML snippets. They get stuffed inside DIVs at the beginning and end, respectively.
  • Make QR-code location choices be "bottom-right of the page" and "bottom-left of the page." (killing the "to the right of the preamble" option).
  • Bug-fix: if a clue panel is completely emptied out during printing (because of balancing heights), then hide it, so that it does not add a vertical margin.
  • In "only-grid" mode, print the copyright string under the grid, to the right.