is the project alive or not

komar

Jan 27, 2010, 4:27:37 AM1/27/10
to exodus-dev
There has been no changes in Exodus since the version 0.10 release in
2007.
Is the project discontinued?

Nathan Waddell

Feb 16, 2010, 4:32:24 PM2/16/10
to exodus-dev
I don't work for the project, but work at a major company that uses
Jabber. I believe Jabber, Inc. is involved in Exodus development, but
I don't know what their intentions are for regular releases, etc.

The long and the short of it though is that this is an open source
client, and the developers are whomever chooses to work on it, improve
it, and re-release the code back out there into the world.

Peter Saint-Andre

Feb 18, 2010, 12:56:35 AM2/18/10
to exodu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nathan, thanks for your interest.

As you might now, Jabber Inc. was acquired by Cisco Systems in late 2008. Since that time the old Jabber Inc. team has been very busy with post-acquisition priorities. I know that the team wants to release an updated version of Exodus and I do inquire about it internally from time to time, but I can't make any promises about the schedule for the next release. I'll ask about it again in the next few days.

Peter